Friday, January 9, 2015

BBQ Chicken & Potato Casserole

So...on Wednesday I got up, got ready for work and cruised...well, not cruised but crept down the road toward work. Once I braved the roads to get to work, I was told ever so kindly that I'd actually read the schedule wrong and I was OFF on Wednesday! Once I navigated the roads home, I decided to browse my Pintrest board and cook up something really delicious for supper as opposed to something that I randomly cook all the time.

I had lots of choices but I went with a Chicken and Potato casserole that had some really good reviews. And below are the results - the delicious and yummy results.

So yummy - look at all the deliciousness?
BBQ Chicken and Potato Casserole

Casserole Mix
- 5 to 7 potatoes, cubed
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, sliced in small pieces
- 6 tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder

Casserole Topping
- onion flakes
- crumbled bacon (or bacon bits)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese

Clean and cube potatoes - set aside. Mix together BBQ sauce, olive oil and spices in a small bowl. Make sure the sauce is well mixed. Toss the cubed potatoes in the sauce and then put the potatoes in a greased pan, leaving behind as much of the sauce mixture in the bowl as possible. Preheat the oven to 500 (yes, 500...that's right). Cook the potatoes for 50 minutes, stirring the potatoes every 15 minutes to make sure they are well coated in the sauce. Marinate the chicken in the leftover sauce mixture while the potatoes cook. Remove the potatoes from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400. Add the chicken on top of the potatoes, and top with onions, bacon and shredded Swiss cheese. Put the casserole back into the oven for 20 minutes. Serve bubbling hot! 

I think it was a hit with my people!

No comments:

Post a Comment