Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Apple Pork Loin

Cooking...cooking up a storm. I figure I have to make use of all the time that I have on my hands while I wait for someone to give me a job. I mean...honestly, I feel about ready to scream at the lack of job activity but I'm trying to channel that energy into something more useful...like cooking supper. Ha-ha! Lindsey was so kind to share this recipe with me and she got it from a friend named Janelle - you can check out her blog, Come Fly with Us just any old time and enjoy what she has going on over there.

Ingredients & a crock pot...I do enjoy using the crock pot!
What You Need

- 1 pork loin
- 1 onion; chopped
- 1 large sweet potato; chopped
- 2 apples; chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste

Ready to toss it all in the crock pot & let it steep & stew....

One last look before I head off to work....
What to Do

- Cut up onion, sweet potato and apples, set aside. 
- Mix together your spices.
- Put half of the onion, sweet potato and apple mixture into the crock pot. Lay the pork loin on top and pour one cup of apple juice over the top of the loin. 
- Sprinkle seasonings over the top of the pork loin and top with the remaining onion, sweet potato and apple mixture.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Enjoy!

A peek into the crock pot at the finished product!

And a delicious supper was had by all...
I thoroughly enjoyed this and will definitely add it to the rotation of yummy things to cook! Stay tuned because I've got something else planned for this week that promises to be pretty yummy as well. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week and enjoying some delicious meals - I know I am!

And in case you were wondering...this is about how I feel when it comes to the whole job search thing. I couldn't have said it better myself...

The struggle is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment