Saturday, February 15, 2014

Italian Ravioli Carbonara

I don't know how your Saturday went - but mine has been pretty crappy; and unfortunately that is both figurative and literal. Plumbing problems are no joke and my day has been absolutely nothing like a relaxing Saturday should be, but that is all fodder for a different post and personally I don't really want to think about it anymore today.

When I am not feeling so well, I cook. Cooking seems to calm me down and usually when you're done you've got something pretty delicious to eat and happily tonight's recipe was no exception. I found this recipe (again) courtesy of Plain Chicken and I adapted it just a little bit for myself. It is definitely a keeper and I'll be making it again - because we all need something else to add to our list of go to comfort foods!

All the ingredients for goodness...and a little bit of comfort food!

Ingredients

-1 cup chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- cheese ravioli
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. Italian dressing 
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 3 to 4 pieces of bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese


Just some chicken chilling in the pan....

Things are starting to get interesting...a little chicken, a little broth...some raviolis...it's all good.

- Put 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a skillet and warm over medium heat. Add in chicken and 1 tbsp. of Italian dressing, garlic powder and parsley, cooking together for 3 to 4 minutes.

- Add raviolis and 3/4 cup chicken broth to the skillet. Cook at a slow boil for approximately 5 minutes until the ravioli is cooked through and the broth is almost completely evaporated.

- Add 1/2 cup of half & half to the skillet and cook on medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken. 

- Add in crumbled bacon and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, stirring until well mixed. Cook for 1 to 2 additional minutes.

- Serve with a garnish or Parmesan cheese, parsley or both! Enjoy!

It all starts to come together....

Time to do some comfort food eating...because Lord knows I need it...

So - whether you have had a crappy day and need something to take your mind off your troubles for just a little while, or you just want something really good to eat - I suggest making this because it will serve both purposes. Now if only solving my plumbing problems was as easy as cooking comfort food. *sigh* Where is my Valentine's Day chocolate....

A new comfort food classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment