Monday, February 4, 2013

Ramblings....


It's Monday again...and I really don't know that I have a ton of things to say, just the random ramblings that go along with the pictures I snapped throughout the week. This post may be broken up and in no way organized, but I suppose sometimes life is broken up and unorganized and that is just fine. Sometimes the best things come from being broken & unorganized - and this is coming from a control freak who always needs a plan. But hey - at least the pictures are in order. Kind of...

Just me - just Friday night. I don't really want to be one of those girls that takes pics of themselves...but I did. And I kind of like this picture. So there.


My parents left very early on Monday morning - so early that I was still lost in dreamland and never knew that they had gone until I woke up. The house was eerily quiet again. There were no other bodies moving around, adjusting to the morning and looking for the coffee pot. It was just Watson and I and while there was no one looking for the coffee pot, Watson was certainly looking for my parents. He searched from one of the house to the other until he finally resigned himself (with a loud sigh might I add) on the couch and accepted he was stuck with just me again.
Eating leftovers on Monday night - he ate several leaves of spinach and a peach. Later in the week he ate four pieces of bell pepper. I've "raised" a health nut and I'm not really sure how that happened...

Pear at lunch - absolutely delicious.


Menacing clouds a day after the storms - the view on the drive home Wednesday night.


This look of abject determination...goes with the picture below.


If you're going to be on a diet and have one bite of chocolate each night to satiate your cravings, it had better be good chocolate. Watson agrees completely - which is why he begged like I've never seen him beg before. To no avail...


A bloom in progress - either this little overachieving plant needs to slow down or the weather needs to regulate to something more like early Spring as opposed to late Winter. According to the groundhog, it will be the former.


Homemade, still warm cinnamon rolls delivered to the office on Thursday afternoon. Who can possibly resist that?


I saw this sign earlier in the week and couldn't control the giggles. I've been feeling pretty happy lately, I need a friend to slap. Ha-ha.


It is February. There is still a tree in the office. No joke.


Feeling fruity, I bought a mango. I then googled how to cut a mango and apparently you can't just slice the thing in two, there are numbered steps on how to cut the thing. Oh the fun....


Comparing the old to the new. I guess nothing can ever be quite as good as the original, but I think the remake is doing a pretty good job. Plus - the remake has John Ross.





Friday night Mexican food - just looking at this picture makes me hungry all over again. Wonder what I should have for supper tonight?


Figuring out a smart phone takes concentration - I almost had a mute dinner companion. I forgave him because I'm pretty certain the day I got my iPhone, I was the same way.
I stayed up way too late on Friday night to have woken up as early as I did on Saturday morning. I have this complex - I don't mind staying up on the weekends but I don't like sleeping too late on Saturday morning. I don't really know what my deal is with this...except that I think I'm getting old. If I sleep past about 9 in the morning, I get that feeling that I have totally wasted the whole morning. A couple weeks ago I slept until 10 and while it was absolutely wonderful, by the time I'd drank coffee and "woken up" it was almost noon and I just felt like I had wasted so much time laying in the bed. I know, I'm crazy. It's just a cross I have to bear I suppose. Anyway, I didn't go to bed till almost 1 and I woke up at 8:15. Seriously, what is wrong with me? I definitely took a nap on Saturday afternoon. It was splendid.

Saturday morning interloper - I was laying in the bed doing things on my tablet and he just decided to join in. What a sweetie.


Saturday evening activities - the original Dallas is excellent but the late 70's clothes and hair keep me cracking up. Also, JR's eyebrows are not nearly as fierce in the original...


My two favorite boys on Sunday morning. Love their sweet cuddles and the funny little personalities that I have gotten to watch develop.

He searches for the sunniest space in the whole house - because he loves to be in the sun. Such a funny puppy.
I went to a Super Bowl party on Sunday night at my friend Hope's house. There was some good food as well as good fellowship. I honestly have to say I didn't really see that much of the game - I saw a little bit of Beyonce shaking it all over the stage, witnessed the lights going out in the Super Dome (pretty sure someone is without a job this AM, right?) and saw the end - where the Ravens won. I backed the winning team this year and even dressed accordingly for the party; according to the Ravens' website the official colors are purple and black with metallic gold accents. Behold the outfit.


Go Ravens! Super Bowl 47 Champs!


I made brownies for the party - I think they went over pretty well, I only brought home a couple.
Today has gone about like one can expect a Monday to go. The weather is sort of blah, my mood is sort of blah and I don't really feel so great. My head is killing me...but that has been the theme for the past week. I need to kick these headaches and life would be much more pleasant. I guess that's all for now. I'm ready for my Monday night John Ross fix - less than 4 hours till Dallas comes on. And yes, I did make a PicStitch collage of the guy that plays John Ross on Dallas. Because he's just that hot. Sometimes when you are having a bad Monday, you just need something nice to look at. Ha-ha.

Yep - I'll take him. Where do I sign?

No comments:

Post a Comment