Friday, December 9, 2022

The Honeymoon - Water Sports & Winging Home

It's the last honeymoon post y'all - I can't believe I'm sharing about our last days on the lovely island of Jamaica! Let's get right back into things!  


Friday was our final full day in Jamaica and we did our best to make the most of it! Luckily the weather was absolutely beautiful and so we headed to the buffet at Sky Vista to start the day and then made our way back to the sport beach! We could see the flags whipping in the wind and knew that meant they'd probably be willing to take the Hobie Cats out - but first, we had a date with the fishes!




We reserved a snorkeling spot for Friday morning and after a little time lying on the beach, we boarded the boat with our flippers in hand and headed out into open water, toward the coral reefs! The views of the island and the water from the boat were so absolutely stunning - the water is the most perfect blue and clear as a bell, and you could see the lush green hills rising above the beaches - it was beautiful!






We had forty-five minutes in the water, floating atop the waves and peering through our masks at the fish and the coral reef(s) below the aqua surf. It was a great snorkel experience and I would absolutely do it again - although I think if I did it again, I'd sign up for the snorkel of the ship wreck off the coast! It costs $5 a person (our trip was part of the all inclusive) but I definitely think it would be amazing to see a shipwreck! 



Once our boat came back to the dock, we headed for the rental desk to ask about a Hobie Cat and they had us suited up and headed out over the waves in no time at all! My family likes to tell the story of the last time I went out on one of these - I was all of five and with my Aunt - and I was terrified. I am not the bravest of adults and I absolutely was not the bravest of children. This ride was completely different though!

 



 



We loved our time on the Hobie Cat and considered going back for another round later in the day - but we never quite got there, ha-ha! We went up to one of the pools with a pizza oven and swim up bar for lunch and our wood-fired pizza were quite tasty indeed! I do have to say that Friday afternoon was the "laziest" afternoon of our honeymoon as we spent almost three hours just sitting beside one of the smaller pools under an umbrella/in the sunshine. I fell asleep at one point and Ryan absolutely slept!

 

We spotted our kittens on the walk back to the room later in the afternoon and watched them play for a while - they climbed into the trees and chased one another across the lawns and made Ryan and I think that maybe we want a cat... and not another dog...



We so enjoyed the Speakeasy on Thursday night and so we decided to go back on Friday night - but before that, we headed for the Southern Table restaurant for dinner. This restaurant didn't require reservations and we were the first people to arrive when they opened and chose a seat on the deck, overlooking the main pool. We were treated to a violin concert taking place in the Sandals tower while we ate - and the meal was; in my humble opinion, the best one of the trip!




Since we had a little time to kill after our meal, we walked around the pool and climbed onto a giant swing to sit for a little while and enjoy our surroundings. And once again - we got the password from an employee - and at 8:00, we were headed down the Rabbit Hole! Friday night there was a featured singer and she was excellent - we again thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Rabbit Hole - it's definitely worth checking out!

 


Saturday arrived much too quickly and we did our best to take in our last few hours on the resort. We had breakfast on our patio one more time and of course - the kittens visited one last time! I made sure to snap pictures of all the trees and plants and we finally made sure our bags were packed and left them to be picked up by the concierge. 

 




We ate an early lunch at the Tapas restaurant, staring out at the beach one last time before we had to walk to the front to await our transportation back to the airport! Somehow we ended up being transported back to the airport in a van all by ourselves - which was pretty impressive when you realize some people pay money to make sure they are in their own vehicle! Our driver was named Richard and he was great - we had some really great conversations all the way back to Montego Bay!




My sweet Dad decided to "upgrade" the newlyweds to First Class for our flight home - which means we had lovely large seats and we were served a pretty tasty dinner on actual glass plates! Unfortunately the plane dealt with quite a bit of turbulence for about an hour of the flight and it made me come unglued a little bit - thank goodness for my husband, who was a champ through it all and helped to keep me as calm as possible.

 

I did get some pretty excellent pictures of the island and the sunset from the windows - before the turbulence kicked in! I was glad to see the ground when we landed but I wasn't so glad to feel the brisk mid-30's temperatures after starting the day at 85 and sunny!




We had a wonderful honeymoon and just like with our wedding - I can't believe it's already over! Time flies when you're having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment