Monday, December 5, 2022

The First Weekend in December

The first weekend of December is in the books – and it was a nice, peaceful weekend at the Lapp House. I couldn’t start off the weekend post without sharing some beautiful pictures of the sunset on my drive home last weekend! While I’m not always a huge fan of the cold, I do think the cooler weather produces the most stunning sunsets…. 





Ryan and I had planned to go to a Christmas tree lighting at our church on Friday night – but we’d both had long days on Friday, so we ended up staying in, having pizza, and watching National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. When my husband arrived home on Friday night, I surprised him with cookies and banana bread… he surprised me with a brand-new Apple Watch! Sneaky hubby of mine, visiting AT&T to discuss lowering our bill and coming home with not just a lowered bill, but even more fancy tech for us! So, we also spent time getting out watches set up – and as you can see, Watson spent time trying to devise a way through the presents and under the tree. *face palm

Saturday was a rather productive day! Ryan went to men’s Bible study early on Sunday morning and then once he got home, we headed out to run some errands and then spent the afternoon putting together furniture (wedding presents – yay) and hanging pictures – including some wedding pictures – throughout our house! It took a little while, a little adjusting and re-assessing how we wanted things to be hung.. but we finally got it all done and just in time for dinner!


Among the many wedding gifts we got, one of them was a fire pit and we had our inaugural use of the fire pit on Saturday night! We lit up some firewood and then Ryan surprised me with rainbow fire packets! If you don’t know what those are, let me tell you all about it! You can get them at the grocery store, and you just toss the whole bag (each box comes with three bags) into the fire and you end up with lovely colorful flames! I have to imagine that kids would be enrapt with this – I’m an adult and I loved it, ha-ha!




 

As you can see – I couldn’t resist taking plenty of pictures of the gorgeous fire!

Sunday morning, we watched church from home because I had a headache – blah. The service was beautiful and when it was finished, I introduced my husband to The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. Well – once that movie ended, he informed me that we were just going to have to watch all three because now he was interested, ha-ha! We did some laundry and since the weather was so nice, we decided to head out to Seven Bends State Park to get in some walking and nature while the weather was nice!




We feel so lucky to have a place like Seven Bends State Park literally less than five minutes from our house! There are two sides to the park, and this was our first time visiting the Hollingsworth access point – which was incredibly neat! They had a whole play area and tons of additional trails that we can’t wait to try out! As sunset got close, we headed back home for dinner and to watch The Two Towers before calling it a night and closing out our weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment