Monday, December 12, 2022

Almost a Cat Lady (and Man)

Goodness y'all - it's December 12th! There are only two weeks until Christmas! Does it feel like this Christmas season is just flying by this year? I honestly cannot even believe it!

Last Wednesday I hosted my ladies Bible study group in our home; the first hosting duties I've done, and I think it all went well! We don't have a huge space but we all fit just fine and had a great time - I'm hopeful I can host again, even though we live a little farther out than some of the ladies! One of the sweet women in our group passed along the most beautiful cookies and I had to share one - I should also mention that she made all of our wedding cookies and they were stunning! Jillian is so talented!

 

Friday night was a pretty chill evening - we had Panda Express that Ryan picked up on the way home and we finished The Lord of the Rings Trilogy; I'm slowing introducing my husband to all the nerd movies I know and love. I do enjoy Return of the King but man - I'd forgotten how long that movie was, ha-ha! We started it as soon as Ryan got home and it took up the rest of Friday night! Whoosh! 

 

Saturday morning was quite the adventure! First of all, we headed to the post office to get stamps so I could complete our Christmas cards for the year - as you can see - Ryan made a fuzzy friend! Ryan makes fuzzy friends everywhere we go! On a whim, we decided to go to the Shenandoah County Animal Shelter and we found a little friend, and thus the day got more interesting...

We decided we would adopt the furry little fella - who the shelter had named Elfie. We filled out the paperwork and told them that we were going to run get groceries and pick up some supplies, and then we would be back to get our new family member! He was eight weeks old and I love a black cat! We had decided that we'd rename him either Bagheera or T'Challa... maybe even Loki... and we were off to the store! 

 

The shelter and the Wal-Mart are all but three miles apart and in the time it took us to get to Wal-Mart, my left eye had become inflamed, itchy and watery... and my neck and cheek had broken out. I started sneezing and before long, I had a raging headache. All things that confirmed to me that my allergy to cats wasn't a thing of the past! I ended up crying in Wal-Mart because I felt like we'd abandoned the sweet kitten and he'd know we'd abandoned him - Ryan assured me that he'd be fine and we were buying allergy medication before we headed home. *sigh* Long story short - we called back to let them know and now I will apparently never become a cat lady.


Saturday was my sweet Momma's birthday and we went out for dinner at Hunter's Head Tavern in Upperville! Hunter's Head has been a favorite since day one of being a Virginian and our meal on Saturday was excellent - I don't have any pictures except for the lovely Christmas tree out front of the restaurant, but they have the Chicken Pot Pie back on the menu and that stuff is too legit! 


Sunday felt like a pretty lazy day for us - after church we hung out at my parent's house for the afternoon since we had plans to go see Lights on the Lake in Harper's Ferry, West Virginia. I ended up taking a nice Sunday afternoon nap, chatting some with my sister and getting the last of the Winter clothes I needed from my parents. We headed for Harper's Ferry around 4:30 and perused all the lovely lights surrounding the lakeside community! 


 





We entered the light display right at 5:30 and we were done by 6:00 - so we headed to Ruby Tuesday for dinner before heading home! Ruby Tuesday always has the most divine salad bar and so we all enjoyed our salads and meals before we drove back to my parents house, picked up Watson and then headed home for the evening! It was a good weekend - even if it seemed like it passed too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment