Tuesday, February 22, 2022

The Long Weekend is Over

The most important thing to note here at the beginning: it's Tuesday, February 22, 2022. It's "Twos"-day y'all... 2/22/22 - what a date. What a time to be alive. 

Tuesday 2/22/2022

Y'all - it was a long weekend and I feel like I blinked and it's already over! What is that about?!? And my weekend even started earlier than usual and lasted longer than normal but here we are, with another weekend over and a new work week underway! My weekend kicked off at 3 PM on Friday and after heading home from work, I started my weekend with visits to Lowe's and Wal-Mart with my fiancé to look at things for our home - and to do some potential dreaming.



We had dinner at a spot that is becoming a favorite of ours: the Spring House Tavern! I waffled back and forth over what I was going to get but went with the Nashville Honey Chicken and I am so glad I did - the chicken was crispy and flavorful with delicious mashed potatoes and hobo beans on the side! The pickles were supposed to be sweet and spicy pickles - I didn't sample them but Ryan did and he said they were definitely spicy, ha-ha! We watched the move The Proposal - which is a classic in my mind - and called it a night!

Saturday morning Ryan set off to a men's Bible study at the church and I set off... oh wait, no - I sat on the couch and did a lot of nothing for a little while, ha-ha! We had someone stop by the house to buy our TV stand (we were preparing to do some rearranging in our new little home) and then we had lunch together before Ryan took a short nap and I did some things around the house.

 

Ryan headed to work around three and I headed to my parent's house for the rest of the weekend. I don't suppose I got up to much on Saturday afternoon and evening - I ended up washing clothes and beginning to go through my closet to see what I needed to clean out/get rid of, took a nice bubble bath and watched several episodes of Magnolia Table with my Mom. It was a very chill Saturday evening.



Sunday morning was an early rise and off to church - where they had donuts, yay! Nothing quite like starting your day with donuts and Jesus, am I right? I had nursery with my Mom during second service and there were SIX little babies scooting around the nursery for the second service and I had a ball with all of them! 

After church I went to the grocery store and got gas, headed home and started more laundry and put together the ingredients for a Cheeseburger Soup recipe I'd found on Pinterest (I'd share the recipe but I haven't decided if I loved it yet...) and spent the afternoon going through all my purses to decide what to sell/get rid of and what to keep. All the closet cleanout y'all - I'm trying to be on top of it! So much so that after dinner, I ended up spending another two hours in my closet going through even more things! 

*****************************************

Monday was a rough day for me - I can't lie about that. I woke up on Monday and had some disappointment that started my day off a bit rocky, then the anxiety and stress of moving some things and getting our house organized really ratcheted up the feelings I was having and I ended up crying three times before lunch - so yea, not great. 

In happier news, we ended up getting the house all organized and ready - my future mother-in-law is visiting this weekend and I am so looking forward to seeing her... I just wanted our house good to go before she arrived! Monday night we had pizza for dinner and I tried to relax and be chill - alas, the day ended about like it had begun - but at least it's over and done, right? Here's hoping the rest of the week is a bit more calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment