Friday, February 11, 2022

Friday Favorites

The second weekend of February! I have to say - while January seemed long (doesn't it always) February is absolutely flying by! There are only four weekends in February and we've already arrived at the second - look out - this year is already speeding by! So, without further ado....


Home Things - I am still in the process of trying to get our little home organized and set up "just right" and I know... that will probably be a lifelong thing! I've always had red and yellow as accents in my living room but decided this week to make blue and white the accents (all the furniture items are black/gray) when I found the perfect front door mat on Amazon! Amazon is both dangerous and helpful in that way!


I was further spurned on by finding really cute "Home" and "Love" pillow covers and some blue pillow covers on Amazon (again - dangerous). And the final touch? I found a gorgeous weathered blue tray and glass hurricane lantern at Kirkland's! Now I just need to get the TV stand/electric fireplace in place and put down the white fuzzy rug! Yahoo! 

Marriage Conference - I know what you're thinking... I'm not married. And you'd be 100% correct about that. However, the church that Ryan and I attend has a marriage conference every year and they encourage engaged couples to attend - and we are definitely engaged, ha-ha!


The event is simulcast and tonight there will be dessert and coffee... and tomorrow there will be a continental breakfast! And of course, I can't wait to learn and have Godly men and women speak over marriage and our future. 

The Winter Olympics - Have y'all been watching the Olympics at all? I'll admit I haven't watched a lot of it but I have seen some of the snowboarding and figure skating and that's been fun. I do think that the Olympics have a bit of a stain on them at this point... too many things are just pushed under the rug or hushed up... *sigh*


Perhaps the Olympics have always had some of that and I didn't realize because I was younger? I'm not sure but it certainly feels like for every heart-warming story that you hear about the Olympics, there is a less than stellar story following it. My favorite thing about the Olympics though is the athletes who overcome and succeed - perhaps I'll stick to those stories.

Germany - Guess where I'm going? That's right y'all - this girl is headed to Germany in September! This trip will sort of be a final hurrah as a Summerlin... a last trip as the four of us before our family officially becomes a family of five in November.


We are going to explore the Black Forest, Neuschwanstein Castle, Dachau Concentration Camp and so many other parts of the country! My Mom actually lived in Germany when she was a small girl, so she knows a couple phrases in German... perhaps she'll teach them to me before we go? I can't wait to explore yet another country I've never been to! Anyone have recommendations?

****************************************

Another weekend to relax, recharge and hopefully get some rest. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment