Friday, February 18, 2022

Friday Favorites

The third weekend of February is here - and I feel like this month is absolutely flying by! It's a windy and brisk Friday afternoon and I'm looking forward to the three day weekend!


One. Valentine Treats - Last Sunday afternoon I saw a neighbor post on Facebook about Valentine cookies and giving them as a last minute gift option! I'd already grabbed my friends (and co-coworkers) their gifts but thought that some of these sweet little treats would go perfectly with the scrunchies (it's the 1990's all over again) and Reese's Hearts I'd already thrown into a bag!



The conversation hearts were miniatures and they came packaged in the cutest little mailbox; the presentation was fantastic! I have to say I was most partial the the little gnome cookies that had tags stating "You're My Gnomie" - they were hands down the cutest thing and the cookies went over so well when I handed out presents on Monday! 

Two. Pearls - I had a wonderful Valentine's Day and was absolutely blown away when my handsome fiancé revealed his gift to me: pearls! I was pretty stunned to see a lovely pearl necklace and two set of earrings alongside my sweet card.


I wore them all the way home after dinner with my fiancé and of course - I had to wear them to work on Tuesday too! Quite the lovely gift for our very first Valentine's Day together!

Three. The Three Day Weekend with No Plans - The weekend is almost upon us and it's a three day weekend with zero plans on my calendar! I have very tentative plans for the weekend: a quick Wal-Mart run later today, pizza and a movie with my fiancé tonight... sleeping in on Saturday morning... and that's about the extent of my plans.

Now on Monday - when I'm off work because of our President's and their respective birthdays, we are moving some final pieces of furniture into place at our house ahead of my in-laws visit next weekend. I've got to get a couple more things hung on the wall(s) and put a lovely white rug in place - and then we should be all set for our first visitors! 

Four. This Quote - I stumbled on this quote through someone's Instagram earlier this week and it really struck me. There was a time in my life when I felt like I was waiting for the right person to come along to start living my life but through a lot of prayer (and struggle, to be perfectly honest) - I came to the realization that by waiting on someone else to live, I was wasting my life.


I have my person now - and what a blessing he is - but I'm so glad that while I was waiting for him to arrive in my life, I decided to live my life. I've been able to travel to other countries, take in places and experiences and create memories that I will cherish forever. And now that I have my person, I can continue to live my life - just now with a very special addition to my life! 

***********************************

That's all I've got for this Friday y'all! I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment