Monday, February 14, 2022

All the Love

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Let me tell you that this little holiday certainly lands a bit different when you have a special someone - I've certainly waited a long time to celebrate Valentine's Day with someone special and I can't wait to see what my evening has in store... I've just been told to come to our house after work for dinner. *smiles*

This weekend was just a very love-filled weekend; I suppose you could say we celebrated Valentine's Day all weekend long! Friday night after work Ryan and I had pizza at the house before heading off to church for the XO Marriage Conference. It was a great experience to be able to hear Christ-minded people speak over and about marriage and love. I think we both really enjoyed it - I know that I enjoyed the cupcakes more than Ryan though. 


 

We got in late on Friday night and crashed pretty quickly because we were due back at the church on Saturday morning for the second part of the marriage conference. Also - I am pleased to report that the wee little plants we got at church at the start of the year are blooming... although this is in no way because of me. Ryan is the green thumb in our family and he has encouraged the little guys along for the last month. I can't even remember what kind of plants they are... ha-ha!


The second sessions of the marriage conference were all really great - but unfortunately I must have misunderstood the conference information because I didn't eat breakfast because I was under the assumption there was going to be a breakfast provided. I'd woken up with a bit of a headache and by the time we took a break at 11:30 to have some cinnamon rolls - my head was pounding. Thankfully my knight in shining armor raced over the McDonalds and grabbed me a cheeseburger during the break - he's my hero and thankfully my head got it together!

We had planned to move some final items to our house ahead of my future in-law visit in two weeks but between my lingering headache and Ryan needing to get some sleep before heading into work at 7 - we decided to do the moving on Monday the 21st instead. We headed home and while Ryan slept, I poked around the house and did some organizing and cleaning up/clearing out of some lingering boxes and finished one book and got started on another one!

 

We went over to my parents house for dinner on Saturday night - some gumbo before Ryan had to head into work! I proceeded to take a lovely bubble bath, do some Valentine's Day Tic Tac Toe - cookie style - and just enjoy relaxing on Saturday evening. There was a chance of snow predicted for Saturday night into Sunday morning but I honestly figured there was no way... it was still in the 40's when I went to sleep. However upon waking up on Sunday - I saw that I had most definitely been proven wrong. 

 

 

There was a light and fluffy dusting of the white stuff all over everything - and as much as I am over the snow for this year, it did look absolutely beautiful! After church was done, we headed to brunch at Regions 117 and had a delicious meal: sangria, beignets, deviled eggs, pancakes, steak & eggs, shrimp & grits & more - it was all so very tasty and a lovely start to the afternoon! 



I spent Sunday afternoon getting some Valentine's organized for my friends, moving and organizing some things in my parent's house and doing some relaxing here and there. And of course - when 6:30 arrived, I was watching the Super Bowl to see who would reign victorious... although I really was just watching for the half time show, ha-ha! I was cheering for the Bengals but I didn't really have any strong feelings one way or the other - so no disappointment when the Rams emerged as the winners.

 

It was a lovely weekend - no pun intended - and I feel like February is absolutely blazing by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment