Friday, February 4, 2022

Friday Favorites

Anyone else thrilled that Friday is here? This week has seemed LONG and I am counting down the minutes to the weekend. I sure do wish the weekends were longer than two days... and yes, it's been one of "those" days. Onward we go though with a few favorites from this week.



Save the Dates - Our Save the Dates went in the mail on Monday and I've gotten messages from so many people already telling me that they received them! I love our Save the Dates and especially love the pictures we chose for them... but then again, I love most all of our engagement pictures.



Now that the Save the Dates have been sent... it's time to sort out the different invitations I've been looking at and make the big choice! Everything is starting to come together and the vision I've had in my head since Ryan and I got engaged is starting to take shape piece by piece!

Suit(s) & Tie(s) - Another piece of the puzzle was choosing suits for all the groomsmen and now the colors are set! I have to tell you that the picture below seems to photograph a bit brighter than the actual colors are in person - the suit is more of a navy color and the tie/bridesmaid dresses are a burnt orange (the color is either Sienna or Paprika - depending).


We have suits and shoes and ties and cufflinks all sorted out - so now we wait until we are a bit closer to the wedding date and all the groomsmen go get measured, give our group number and they'll be all suited for the big day!

Concert Things - Thursday night I joined my parents to go to Williamsport, Maryland to see Matthew West, Hannah Kerr & Ann Wilson in concert. The concert was held at a large church in the area and while the concert itself was excellent - I don't know how well managed some aspects were! We ended up standing in line in the pouring rain until almost 6:30... and the concert started at 7!

 


In spite of my frozen feet (I am the lunatic that wore flats in February in the rain) I still thoroughly enjoyed the concert and even came out of the evening with a free Matthew West CD - so that was pretty cool!

Compassion - I also came out of the concert with a newly sponsored child from Compassion International! Her name is Bella and she's nine years old! I've seen the information about Compassion so many times throughout my life and my own parents have a child they've sponsored for years - so I know quite a bit about the company and it's mission.


I have been reminded so much lately that Ryan and I are truly blessed and I just felt like the Lord laid it on my heart to bless someone else - after all, He blesses us so we can bless others. I can't wait to start communicating with Bella and praying for her daily - that she would know the Lord and build her life around a relationship with Him!

**************************************

That's all I've got for this first Friday in February - it was a doozy but at least the weekend is right on the horizon and so - things are looking up. Y'all have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment