Thursday, April 29, 2021

Life Lately - April

Tomorrow is the last day of April - where has this month gone? I am looking over my calendar and this last month has been filled with so much goodness and maybe that's why this month feels like it flew by?


Eating - Well... I certainly didn't starve this month! *face palm* The month kicked off with some seriously divine food at Regions 117 for my Dad's Birthday/Retirement party; I had Low Country Boil Pasta that was to die for... even though I couldn't eat it all. Ryan and I had the best burgers at Old Dominion Doggery... I'm still drooling thinking about it. We had rabbit-shaped cinnamon rolls on Easter for breakfast and the most delicious spread for lunch too - Momma always does an amazing job. My boyfriend (who is also a chef, ha-ha) made some tasty lasagna for us all too. Yum!


My Mom brought back the cutest and tastiest cookies from Mississippi and my cousin's wedding shower and she also brought me some tasty chocolate truffles! And when I visited Pennsylvania later in the month, I had some of the best Stromboli ever at YP, an absolutely stellar Pecan Pie Latter and Fluffer Nutter French Toast for breakfast at Whisk and Chicken Stir Fry cooked by Ryan! All so good! And Whisk was so good that on Sunday, we returned for lunch and I had the most amazing Blackberry JalapeƱo Grilled Cheese - *drool*

Watching - I find I haven't been watching too much TV this last month! I've been keeping up with Home Town and always love seeing the miracle homes that Ben and Erin create out of a mess! I've also been watching Escape to the Country and Grand Designs on YouTube - both shows that come straight out of the UK and are also both home shows - the first being a house hunting show and the latter being a house building show. Thrilling - I know!

Wearing - I grabbed the rose gold sandals pictured below at Target at the start of the month because a metallic sandal goes with pretty much everything and they are so comfortable! They are cute, they have a cushion-y foot bed and I am all around just in love with them!


I also picked up a tiered black baby doll dress from Target too! It's flattering, fun and will be a go-to for the Spring and Summer months ahead! My warm weather wardrobe is pretty much complete with cute, no frills dresses and sandals - so these items are perfect for me!

Bought - I haven't bought much of excitement this month... I mean; I did buy one thing of excitement but I'll save sharing about that until a later date. *smiles mischievously* I did grab some shapewear from Honey Love because I think it's just good to have quality shapewear as an adult and these are great! I also grabbed a nice black one-piece bathing suit to have for the Summer ahead - because you can never go wrong with that.  

Want - This might be pretty funny but I want all the fashions for Spring and Summer to not look like I'm an extra on Little House on the Prairie! Where did this come from and why is it a thing? Smocked florals with ruffles and flounces are everywhere and I'm bewildered by it all. Yikes! I know - quite a silly thing... but sometimes I am quite silly.

Reading - Oh my goodness, the joy of reading this month has been real! I had been in such a rut where books were concerned but suddenly this month I found great books to read and enjoyed them all so much! I started the month with Woven by Angie Smith - a book that ties the Bible together in chronological order as one complete story. It "weaves" the Bible together, if you will! *insert cheesy laughter* 

I also read The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner; a story that bounces between a woman coping with infidelity in present-day London and a female apothecary in Victorian London who brews concoctions to "punish" disloyal men - it was a fabulous read! The third book I read was The Four Winds by Kristen Hannah; who has become one of my favorite authors. The story follows a young woman named Elsa as she navigates unexpected motherhood and the Great Depression and finds a strength she didn't know she possessed.

Last but not least - I've started reading What Comes After by Joanne Tompkins but I'm only about halfway through, so I'll save that review for May! 

********************************************

I can't believe 2021 is already a quarter of the way complete y'all - time is flying! Enjoy each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment