Friday, April 2, 2021

Five on Friday

It's April - what in the world? This year started at a crawl but now it seems like the months are picking up speed....


One. Happy Birthday to My Dad - Today is my Dad's 59th birthday... he's 59 years young and a new retiree! He's also hands down the best Dad ever and while I know I'm a little partial to him because he's mine - I also think I'm right. He is encouraging, supportive, taught me to love history and traveling and he's pretty funny most days.


I hope he has a wonderful birthday - I'm not sure if he'll even see this; but if he does - it's just an additional birthday wish for him! I'll be wishing him Happy Birthday in person since I'm off work!

Two. My Boyfriend is in Town - I'm just a little bit excited because my boyfriend is in town for the weekend! What's even more exciting is that he completely surprised me and showed up a full day earlier than I expected him to - he planned it all with my parents and was very sneaky about the whole thing!


I came home early on Thursday (courtesy of getting my COVID vaccination) and when I came into the house, there were flowers on the counter... and when I wondered out loud where they came from, lo and behold - my boyfriend appeared behind me! He'd schemed with my parents for over a week and they pulled their plan off without a hitch! And now I get to have him for a whole extra day! 

Three. I got the COVID Vaccine - I was lucky enough to get my email from Vaccinate Virginia on Monday that allowed me to sign up for the COVID vaccine. I know people have a lot of mixed feelings about it but I knew pretty quickly that I was planning to get it and I've been waiting with anticipation for the notice telling me I could sign up.


I went on Thursday the 1st... and the whole process went so quickly! I signed in, filled out my card & held up my sign letting them know I was ready to be vaccinated. The nurse came along, got me all set up, gave me the shot and then I played a game on my phone while the 15 minutes passed. I know I've still got to get dose two - but it definitely feels like a step in the right direction and makes me hopeful!

Four. Opening Day Fail - Well. Most people got to watch their favorite baseball team play for the first time this season yesterday... most people but not this person! The Nationals had some positive COVID tests and so their Opening Day series with the Mets was postponed! At this point, who knows when Opening Day will actually happen for the Nationals - but it wasn't yesterday and this baseball fan was a little bummed!

Five. Good Friday & Easter - "As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting no the right side, and they were alarmed. Don't be alarmed he said - You are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See they place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as He told you." Mark 16:5 - 7  

Easter is a blessed reminder that so much can change in just seven short days - the entire world can be redeemed thanks to a divine plan and one man... a man who was not man, but fully God. The absolute greatest gift humanity will ever receive was bestowed on us at Easter. Hallelujah - He is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment