Friday, April 16, 2021

Five on Friday

 


One. Leftover Pictures - I stumbled on some leftover pictures from Easter weekend and couldn't resist sharing them here on the blog! This blog is so much like a journal of my life over the last ELEVEN years and so I wanted to share them! 


We had dinner at Regions 117 to celebrate my Dad's birthday and his retirement and I figured throwing on some black jeans with a nice top was on par for the event! I love how these pictures turned out. 

Two. Weekend In PA - I'm off to the Keystone state for the weekend; I feel like this will definitely be something that's happening for the foreseeable future, ha-ha! I do believe that this California born, Mississippi raised, Virginia transplant is about to get to know the state of Pennsylvania quite well over the next year (maybe years...)


Happily it's an early work day and so I'm going to be bold and strike out for PA on I-81; which I am not a fan of! However, the weather is nice, I have plenty of podcasts to listen to and so much to look forward to when I arrive in PA. Some of those things are...

Three. Eating Good Food - We are having dinner tonight at a pub called Your Place because my boyfriend has raved that their Stromboli will change your life. He grew up in restaurants and so I definitely believe him where food is concerned... but I also googled the restaurant and one of the search options is "Your Place Stromboli" - so I think it might be divine.


Saturday morning we are having breakfast at a place called Whisk Cafe and I am still trying to decide if I want the Fluffer Nutter French Toast or one of their Belgian Waffles. And don't even get me started on the specialty lattes that are listed on the menu... how will I ever make my mind up? *sigh* Decisions, decisions! Did I mention that my boyfriend can cook - and he's cooking me dinner on Saturday night?

Four. The White Cliffs of Conoy - After all that food I listed, we will definitely need to do some sort of physical activity and hiking to see the White Cliffs of Conoy is what's on the schedule for Saturday afternoon! Granted, based on what I'm reading the trail is actually fairly flat and paved - but it is 1.6 miles - so at least we'll get some walking in?


The cliffs are composed of limestone and dolomite and rise to 60 feet above the Susquehanna River. They are the byproduct of a once successful limestone quarry that is no longer in use - which makes the whole thing even more interesting to m. The spot is apparently a popular spot for engagement pictures and I can't wait to check it out for myself.

Five. Living his Best Life - I leave you with this snapshot of my dog - living his best life this morning, stretched out by the fire, fast asleep. I mean - if you're a little old man dog, I don't suppose it gets much better than that.


Y'all have the most wonderful weekend - I certainly plan to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment