Thursday, November 5, 2020

So - This is Happening...

 


That's right - if you're seeing this, I am in the United Kingdom! I left Wednesday night bound for London Heathrow to spend the next two weeks and a few days with my younger sister in the English countryside!

This trip will likely be a little different than originally planned - the UK requires you quarantine for 14 days when arriving into the country and that hasn't changed - but what has changed is that as of today (November 5th) the UK is back under lockdown for the next month. *sigh* So the plans to see lights at Sandringham and journey into London for the day are not to be.

I suppose I'll be getting a variation on the English countryside experience since the only things we will be able to do are go for walks around the village and pop into supermarkets. No pubs, restaurants or shops will be open beyond things needed for essentials and the only way to "eat out" will be to order carry out. Either way - I'll be enjoying life in the English countryside for the next two weeks and I'll be posting here!

No comments:

Post a Comment