Friday, November 6, 2020

Five on Friday

It's Friday, November 6th and I'm blogging from a unique place indeed. I'll be blogging from this spot for the next couple weeks and hope I'll have lots to share with you! Today's edition of Five on Friday is... 


One. Coming to You From - the little village of Bury St. Edmunds in the U.K. - so exciting, right? I used a giant chunk (two and a half weeks) of my vacation time and came to visit my younger sister who is stationed at nearby Mildenhall! My Mom and I came over on Wednesday night, arriving at about 10 AM UK time on Thursday! 


The village of Bury is ripe for exploration - although since the country went back into lockdown on November 5th, we will be doing a lot less out and about then we'd originally planned! The town has a delightful personality and I can't wait to share pictures over the next few weeks! 

Two. November Sentiments - I stumbled onto this picture earlier in the week and I couldn't resist sharing it! It's from Lucy Maud Montgomery, who also wrote the lovely sentiment about October that I can't resist sharing each and every year! 


I especially enjoy this version with it's precious homes and church; obviously something right out of one of her novels! My younger sister is a November baby and I'd love to find a print of this for her; wouldn't that be excellent?

Three. Cookie Advent Calendar - Oh my goodness guys! One of the most fabulous people I've discovered on Instagram and through our sweet neighbors is a woman in the DC metro area that makes the most fabulous cookies I've ever had! They are perfectly whimsical and taste divine! 


She goes by CookieTherapy on Instagram and she recently posted that she was doing a cookie advent calendar and I was 100% down! Each day for 24 days there will be a 2 inch mini cookie decorated perfectly themed to Christmas! I can't wait for December 1st to start opening doors and tasting cookies!

Four. Flying in the Time of COVID - The flight from DC to the UK was a new and unique experience because while we were on an almost brand new Airbus A350, there were maybe fifty people in total on this place. It was wild! We were given our own personal hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes when we got on the plane...

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1s_1In-PsEQa8eOKrPBsJNUxrJ9Fs4bC0

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1iKPfOuNLOCzhxFoof2U86SpcNFu1hgLk

Suddenly my pictures are very large and I cannot change that... perils of working on a computer you're not used to! The plane was so empty that once the flight was on it's way, I ended up stretched out across the three middle seats to sleep... and while it wasn't the best sleep ever, it was far better than trying to sleep sitting up! 

Five. Reunited & it Feels So Good - The final post for this Friday... I'm back with my younger sister for the first time since January of this year and it's absolutely delightful! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1G-7YxK4eg-hfReZz1I8-_XQRyaRckX5p

That's all I've got for this week! I'll be here in the U.K. - sipping tea and seating in the county of Sussex!

No comments:

Post a Comment