Friday, September 20, 2019

Five on Friday

It's almost the weekend - yahoo! It's also the second to last weekend of September; which, what in the world? The official start of Fall is on Monday but I could see my breath billowing out in front of me in little clouds when I walked the dog this morning... so that's enough for me to declare that Autumn has arrived! Granted - it's supposed to be the seventh circle of the sun this weekend - but I'll hold on to today's weather for now. 


One. Downton Abbey - The Downton Abbey movie comes out today and I have tickets for a 6:00 showing tonight at the Alamo Drafthouse... I can't wait! However, I don't think I'm quite as excited as my Dad is - I can say with 99% certainty that Downton Abbey is probably his favorite show ever. I love that the Alamo will be offering themed food and drinks, which I will definitely be taking part in! I can't wait to see where the movie takes all the characters - but mostly Lady Edith - I've always been a fan!

Image result for downton abbey movie

Two. Weekend Things - I know so little about doing home projects...but I do believe this weekend I will be learning how to put down flooring in my wee home - flooring for my kitchen! The supplies are purchased, we just have to pull up the carpet and put down the floor. It sounds so easy but I feel like it can't be that easy... I'll report back after the weekend is over and let you know, ha-ha!

Image result for DIY

Three. Chick Fil A Things - Earlier this week I met my Mom, our friend Jen and her kiddos at Chick Fil A for lunch and I finally tasted the much talked about macaroni and cheese - which was fabulous. I enjoyed my chicken, I enjoyed snuggling my sweet girls and listening to them tell me about Disney World, Sesame Place and Great Wolf Lodge with all the wonder that only a five year old can conjure up... and it's always nice to eat something besides a Lean Cuisine for lunch!

Funny faces are our favorite.

Contemplation... maybe about chicken?
It's that good y'all...

Four.
A Moment in Time - Did y'all realize that yesterday, at 9:19 in the morning (and again in the evening) that is was 9:19 on 9/19/2019... whoa! I made sure to snap a shot of my screen to capture the moment in time. I suppose that won't come around again until 3019 - and I won't be here for that!


Five. Bookworm - A friend sent me this picture below and I couldn't agree with it more. It speaks to me on a deeply personal level and I just thought I'd share. 


That's all I've got for this Friday! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - I certainly plan to!


No comments:

Post a Comment