Monday, September 16, 2019

Doing All the Things

What a weekend! It was full and I ended up getting in bed after midnight two of the three nights of the weekend - and some how I'm still happily functioning this morning (coffee - it's the coffee). I left the office at 12:30 on Friday...joined up with my Mom at home and then we picked up my Dad and headed into DC for the Nationals game.

Image may contain: outdoor Image may contain: 2 people, including Natalie Summerlin, people smiling, outdoor

We ended up arriving shortly after 5:00 and after a short wait in line we grabbed our Anthony Rendon bobble heads and managed to snag a seat at the Brewhouse for dinner. It was overcast for the entire night and shortly after sitting down to eat I ended up needing to put on my jacket - the breeze coming from the Anacostia was nice but it got cool really quickly!

Image may contain: outdoor Image may contain: 2 people, including Natalie Summerlin, people smiling, selfie and closeup

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Image may contain: stadium and crowd

It was Pups in the Park night and a pup actually "threw" out the first pitch to start the game - which was just as cute as it sounds. Unfortunately the rest of the game wasn't so cute. *sigh* Max Scherzer was uncharacteristically shaky and the Nationals bats were just not doing much. Some of that may have to do with the fact that they'd arrived home from Minnesota at 5 AM on Friday morning - but all in all it was a lackluster game. We left after the 6th inning (I know - shame on us) and crammed on the Metro with what felt like half of DC on the way home. Whoosh! 

Image may contain: one or more people and stadium Image may contain: 5 people, including Natalie Summerlin and Ginger Watson Summerlin, selfie and closeup

I didn't get to sleep on Friday night until after 12:00 and so I had big plans to sleep in on Saturday - and I did, after a fashion. I slept until shortly before 8:00 and then had coffee and shared my breakfast bagel with Watson. I also made sure to get in exercise since the Saturday afternoon outing was Afternoon Tea at the George Washington Hotel! 


My family took part in the Afternoon Tea at the George Washington Hotel in July and my Mom thought it would be a perfect outing for the Ladies Bible Study in our neighborhood, so she booked the tea and Saturday was the day! There were seven of us that were able to go and we had delicious tea, some tasty food and conversation and it was such a wonderful way to spend some time on Saturday afternoon!



I do have to say - the only thing I didn't love - one of our savories was Duck Confit and y'all, I am not a fan of duck liver. I tried it and then I moved on. Ha-ha!



It came a little late Summer storm on Saturday afternoon and once the storm had passed, we had chili and watched some football as the evening arrived. The sunset on Saturday evening was spectacular - as they tend to be after storms and I couldn't resist taking multiple pictures - two of which are below!



Sunday morning was the usual - church and then lunch at Chili's (okay, we don't always eat at Chili's but we almost always go out to eat somewhere, ha-ha). We popped into one of our favorite shops in the area called Miller House - they were having their Fall Open House and I picked up a little werewolf figurine to add to my Halloween decor. It's so cute y'all. So cute.

After a few hours just relaxing around the house, we made our way to the Gainesville area and perused Cabela's for a wee bit before having dinner at Bar Louie - where we stayed for a bit to watch some of the (sad) Saints game on the big screens. Then it was off to Jiffy Lube Live to see Game of Thrones: the Live Concert Experience.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage and night

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

This was my third time seeing the concert and I convinced my parents that since they recently (finally) watched all eight seasons of Game of Thrones (and seemed to enjoy it) that they'd like the concert as well. The two previous times I've seen the show were at Capitol One Arena but for this third outing, the concert has been done for amphitheater audiences and it also includes music from all eight seasons.

Image may contain: 4 people, including Jeffrey G. Summerlin and Natalie Summerlin, people smiling Image may contain: 3 people, including Natalie Summerlin and Ginger Watson Summerlin, people smiling

My Dad's assessment of the show at the Intermission was "it's fine"... and my Mom's was "it's really good, it brings back a lot of memories"... I think my Mom definitely enjoyed it more out of the two of them but I enjoyed every minute of it. No doubt about it. I almost had a situation where I attempted to climb over to the row in front of our seats, my foot slid in the seat and almost got caught when the seat closed on my ankle - I managed to keep my cool, mutter loudly "SITUATION...SITUATION" and then my Mom looked over to see me manage to get myself unstuck without incident. Crisis averted.

Image may contain: 1 person, on stage and concert

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and concert

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage, concert and night

The concert ended around 11:00 and blessedly the exit from Jiffy Lube went really quickly - we were home by around 11:45 and I was in bed shortly after midnight. I'll definitely be needing that 2:00 cup of coffee today, ha-ha! I enjoyed every minute of the concert though and I'm so glad I was able to go - even if I didn't love the way the final season capped the show, I have always loved the amazing music that Ramin Djawadi created and seeing it performed with scenes from the show is a fabulous experience.


So - as I said - it was a full weekend! I'll leave you with a snap of Watson this morning, doing what I wished I could be doing.... curling up in a ball and going back to sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment