Friday, September 13, 2019

Five on Friday


One. Nationals Baseball - It's Friday night and I'm heading into DC for a Nationals game! It's Anthony Rendon bobble head night (thank goodness I got a new shelf...) and Max Scherzer will be pitching! The Nationals just returned (as in - at 5:01 this morning) from a three game set in Minnesota where they won two of three. It's the third to last weekend of regular season baseball and the Nationals have a 3.5 lead for the NL Wild Card game - can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds!

Image result for max scherzer

Two. Afternoon Tea - I'm going to tea on Saturday afternoon and I'm so looking forward to it! The Women's Bible Study that I take part in within my neighborhood decided to have a little afternoon tea and so we are going to the nearby George Washington Hotel to have delicious afternoon tea (which my family took part in about 2 months ago - it was divine). I can't wait to have tea, scones, sandwiches and savories! 


Three. Game of Thrones: In Concert - Sunday night is the Game of Thrones: Live Concert Experience and I am getting so pumped! I've seen the concert both times it has come to the DC area previously and both times were fantastic - I've always loved Game of Thrones and even though the eighth season was disappointing, the music has always been spectacular. Ramin Djawadi is an incredibly talented composer and I'm looking forward to seeing how the concert has been changed now that the story has come to it's conclusion! I can't wait!

Image result for game of thrones in concert

Four. Giggles - Y'all know I always have something funny for you and this week is no exception! All of these things have made me laugh this week and maybe they'll give you a smile too!





Five. Kitchen Things - My "grand" kitchen plans are going to come to fruition and it more ways than I'd originally thought! I'll be getting my wee IKEA kitchen in the coming weeks and apparently I'll also be getting new flooring in the process as well - it's all very exciting. I'm looking forward to getting the finished product all set up - it's going to be great. The picture below is the small kitchen I'm speaking of... so we shall see how I make it my own and fix it up in the coming weeks!


Y'all have a good Friday and enjoy your weekend! I'm scooting out of work around 12:30 today so my weekend is just a wee bit longer than usual and that's always a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment