Monday, November 12, 2018

Oops!

Well I definitely didn't intend to post on Thursday and then fall off the face of the Earth for the rest of the week and weekend, ha-ha! It happens though and so here we are, on Monday once again and another week is under way! 

Let's jump back just a bit - shall we? I share some things I would have included on my Five on Friday and share all about my weekend. The most important thing I can share with you today is: I GOT AN ALDI CHEESE ADVENT CALENDAR! Perhaps this would be nothing special to some people but I'm positively thrilled! And of course - there's a bit of a story behind it's purchase!


Wednesday while I was perusing the internet at work, I stumbled on an article that told all about Aldi's famous wine and cheese advent calendars which were being sold in the US for the first time this year! I had my women's group meeting but I (jokingly) text my Mom and told her that she needed to go get me an Aldi cheese advent calendar while they were out and about for dinner on Wednesday night.

Lo and behold - she text me later to tell me that she'd purchased the LAST one in the store! The wine and cheese calendars went on sale on Wednesday the 7th and when my parents arrived at our local Aldi, there was already a sign declaring the wine advent calendars ($69.99) were already sold out! They couldn't find the cheese calendars anywhere but my Mom asked and they had one left, that they'd placed in the back - the only reason I ended up with this thing is because my Mom asked! So - moral of the story: ask for what you want! Or...have your Mom ask for what you want, ha-ha!

It poured all day on Friday - another weekend starting with rain! Blegh! We closed the office early and I made the trip to Kirkland's with my friends Danielle and Meridith to peruse the store's offerings - it just opened on Wednesday, so it's still filled with newness and everything is shiny. I couldn't resist purchasing two tree toppers, which I immediately took home and plopped on top of the two trees (actually five) that I already have up. They weren't decorated on Friday night...but they are now, ha-ha!


We watched the movie Pompeii on Friday night ahead of our trip to Italy (we leave in FOUR days!) and my Mom and I also watched an episode of Escape to the Continent - I'll definitely be adding Austria to my "must see" list of places! I slept in on Saturday, sipped my coffee and then got myself together and joined my Mom to go see the Christmas Open Houses happening all over town... 


We purchased things here and there - decorations, a few Christmas gifts, I pointed out a gift I would like and we had a delicious lunch at Firehouse Subs! It really just put me in the Christmas spirit but then - as much as I love Christmas, that isn't a hard thing to accomplish! After a day filled with Christmas cheer, yummy food and shopping, we headed home to have some delicious vegetable beef soup for supper and I decorated my Christmas trees! 

I woke up on Sunday morning with a headache - which is absolutely so frustrating because I'm not certain what could have caused a headache to spring up during the night! I took some medicine and had breakfast before getting ready for church...but unfortunately the music only made my head throb more and instead of heading to my ladies group retreat for the afternoon, I went home and ate lunch and crawled on my couch...


After trying Excedrin Migraine, Sinex and finally just good old Aspirin (not all together), my headache finally went away around 4:00! I laid on the couch and watched the newest episode of Outlander with my Mom (I was not a fan) and then did some early stages of getting things together to pack for our upcoming trip to Italy! The family headed out for dinner at Chili's and I couldn't resist snapping a picture of the sky - a picture that doesn't begin to do it justice - but oh well.


We popped into Wal-Mart on the way to Chili's to pick up a skinny Christmas tree and then had dinner together - Chili's was offering a free meal for Veteran's Day and so my sweet Veteran Daddy took advantage of that, he does love the Chipotle Chicken Crispers, ha-ha! Once we returned home, I took my ritualistic Sunday night bubble bath and then we began to Christmas-ify the house - we want to have everything up and done before we leave for Italy, so when we return home we can just enjoy the Christmas season.


Watson posed for his very own portrait while we were getting ready to watch Poldark and I couldn't resist sharing that here. He's so adorable! After a rousing episode of all things Cornwall and crazy, I hit the sack ahead of another week! So you see - you didn't really miss much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment