Thursday, November 1, 2018

October Amusements

Image result for October

What I Read

The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon - I'll confess...I'm still only about 200 pages into this one and I haven't done a lot of reading this month. *sigh* I forgot that this book is a little hard to get into but I was on an Outlander high and wanted to keep reading after The Drums of Autumn. I'm still enjoying it but it's taking me longer to get into!

Books on the Shelf

Make Something Good Today by Erin & Ben Napier - I read the first chapter of this and then I got distracted, so I've reallocated it to the "read soon" area on my shelf. Otherwise I have nothing that I'm really waiting to read. I know - so sad.

Must See TV

The Man in the High Castle - Well...the third season of TMITHC was so incredibly fast paced and both my little sister and I managed to binge all ten episodes in about four days. The show is based on the novel by Philip K. Dick that offer a look at what the world would be like if the Axis Powers won WWII, splitting the United States between Nazi Germany and the Japanese. The show is absolutely fascinating, if a bit unsettling at times. If you're a history fan and enjoy a sci-fi twist thrown in, I can almost guarantee you'd love this show!


Related image

This Is Us - The third season has only had five or six episodes but already they are pulling at the heartstrings and Randall is doing that whole single tear thing that gets me right in the feels every single time. I love watching this show and I love discovering new layers that make each of the characters and the stories of their lives even more intriguing and compelling! Do y'all watch This Is Us - because if not, you should be! So good!

Related image

Movies of the Month

A Star is Born - Well I absolutely loved this movie! *sigh* I know this is the third remake of the film originally made in 1937, but it was my first introduction to the movie and it was wonderful. The story and the characters just pull you in from the first minutes of the movie, the music is wonderful (who knew Bradley Cooper could sing y'all?!?) and the acting is incredible. I ended up seeing this twice - once with my friends on my birthday and again with my Mom - loved it both times. If you've even thought about seeing it, I'd say go for it!

Related image

This is the only movie I saw all month - but I did see it twice because y'all - it's so freaking good.

What I'm Listening To

A Star is Born Soundtrack - I'll say it again...who knew Bradley Cooper could sing? I knew Lady Gaga could sing but the two of them together, oh man - they're excellent! I've had this soundtrack on repeat since I downloaded at the start of the month!

Bohemian Rhapsody Soundtrack - I was raised on the music of Queen and I can't wait to see the movie (seeing it tomorrow)... the songs on the soundtrack are basically a greatest hits of Queen and I've had this one of rotation since I downloaded earlier this week! All the songs are classics and absolutely and completely awesome!

Tasty Treats

Oh man... I honestly feel like I've just eaten so much junk all month but when I look back at my pictures, I didn't find too much and y'all know I love a good food picture! I know without a doubt that my birthday macarons from Olivia Macaron were a favorite this month and I'm so glad we discovered 50/50 Taphouse because the burgers are outstanding! I can't wait to go back!



We found a perfect Brunswick Stew recipe and as always... Nana's Irish Pub never disappoints: the Celtic Chips, Chicken Pie and Bannoffee Pie were to die for! And the next two months are easily the best "eating" months of the year! Eek!

What I'm Looking Forward To

Italy - I'm going to Italy in 15 days! Are you kidding me...just FIFTEEN days! I don't think I can even wrap my head around that but oh my gosh y'all, it is so close! We will be exploring the canals of Venice, the streets of Rome, the ruins of Pompeii and the coastline of Sicily and I just can't even wrap my head around how blessed and excited I am to be setting foot on Italian soil this month!


Image result for Italy

Decorating for Christmas - That's right! I'll be decorating this month for Christmas! I'm planning to decorate before we leave for Italy, so I may even do that next weekend... who knows? I absolutely love Christmas so much and so I am never bothered by decorating as soon as it's acceptable, ha-ha!

Movies - Y'all know I love a good movie and there are several coming out in November that I cannot wait to see! What movies might those be? Well... Bohemian Rhapsody (seeing that one the day it comes out), The Nutcracker & the Four Realms, The Grinch and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. I do love a good time spent at the movies!


That's all she wrote for the month of October! November is here...the countdown to Christmas is on and I haven't quite decided if it's acceptable to listen to Christmas music yet. See y'all back here tomorrow for Five on Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment