Friday, November 16, 2018

Five on Friday


One. Hello Italy - Today's the day, we're off and away to explore the wonders of Italy! I'll be spending the next nine days flying...exploring Venice, Rome, Pompeii and Sicily before returning home once again. I'm so looking forward to seeing so many amazing sights like the canals of Venice, the Colosseum, Vatican City, the Forum, the Trevi Fountain, the ruins of Pompeii and the gorgeous coastal towns in Sicily! I feel like I probably haven't even begun to name all the wonderful things I'll be seeing...

Image result for Italian Vacation

You can be rest assured that I'll be taking hundreds of pictures and I'll be sure to share them with you all once I return! I can't wait to see all the wonder and beauty that Italy has to offer! Ciao y'all! 

Two. Prayers for Safe Travels - Of course, we will be doing quite a bit of flying to see all of the Italian countryside and y'all know I'm not the best at all the flying business! I've stocked up on my Ativan (yahoo for prescription medication) but I've also (probably most importantly) been praying for peace and calm. 

I stumbled on this verse via a fellow blogger earlier this week and thought it would be a good verse to meditate on. I also love Joshua 1:9 - "Have I not commanded you, be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go." If you're a praying person - feel free to offer up some safe travel and calming prayers for me!

Three. Holiday Thoughts - I stumbled on to this meme and I couldn't help but think that this would not only apply to the upcoming holiday eating(s)...because you know there will be plenty of events that involve delicious good food, ha-ha! I'm thinking this definitely will also apply to all the wonderful things I'll be eating in Italy!


Perhaps I should change it to say "I'll beat you with some fettuccine, Susan!" Who knows! Ha-ha!

Four. Winter is Coming - I've been watching the weather all week... first 3-5 inches on Thursday was predicted...then it changed to 8-12 inches...then it changed to 1-3 inches..and then back to 3-5... you get the picture. Regardless of how many feet and inches - snow was coming. We awoke on Thursday morning to ice pellets falling from the sky and the OK from the boss to stay home.


It snowed and sleeted on and off all day and by the time the sun set, I would guess there were 4-6 inches of snow? My Dad shared a meme that said snow before December is caused by people who decorate early for Christmas and I'm definitely guilty as charged...but oh well. It certainly was pretty to look at... although I'm petitioning for a snow blower before the great white pays us another visit. Snow shoveling is no joke!

Five. A Brief Hiatus - So...since I'll be traipsing all over Italy next week, this space will probably be pretty quiet... I've got one or two posts prepared that I can pop in and publish from afar but nothing too exciting.  I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving and I'll be back here on/around Monday the 25th! Eat some turkey for me!

Image result for Thanksgiving

Happy Weekend everyone - and a very happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I can't believe it's already that time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment