Friday, November 2, 2018

Five on Friday

Is anyone else excited to see Friday arrive? Let's be honest - I find it hard to believe that there are many times in life when a Friday isn't welcomed upon it's arrival. As always, I'm thoroughly pleased to see Friday arrive and I'm ready to enjoy this first weekend in November! Which - how did we get here? Time flies!


One. Game of Thrones Season Eight - It's been over a year since season seven of Game of Thrones bowed out and finally...at long last...a brief glimpse into season eight! The article that corresponds with the cover has been made available online but I'm waiting until my copy of the magazine arrives! Perhaps this means we'll get an idea about a premiere date soon? Any other Game of Thrones obsessed folks out there that squealed in delight when they saw this cover??


I want a Winter coat like Daenerys' - that coat is absolute perfection, is it not?

Two. Christmas Spirit - I know...I know...it's only November 2nd but I have to admit that I've already listened to Christmas music! I just can't help it y'all! I have always loved Christmas with all my heart and so as soon as that calendar flips to November, I started thinking about Christmas carols, Christmas lights, Christmas movies...the list goes on and on. Don't get me wrong, I love Thanksgiving too - I just think I can be thankful that I already have my Christmas light up while I'm eating my turkey! 

That's not actually my hand - but it could be, ha-ha!

Three. Chicken Pot Pie Soup - I made this recipe on Thursday night and it is to die for! It's the perfect soup for the upcoming chilly Autumn and Winter evenings! The soup is filling, delicious, full of vegetables and flavor...and what's more, I got my Dad to say "I think this is my new favorite soup". If that's not a win, I don't know what is!


I'll share the recipe next week so you all can whip up a big ol pot for yourselves! I promise you won't regret making this!

Four. Halloween Recap - I didn't have a costume this year, so I tried to keep the spirit of Halloween alive by wearing my orange dress and black leggings to work on Wednesday. The boss let us head home around 4:30 and I helped my Mom put together a dinner of grilled hot dogs, chili, all the fixings, chips and drinks. Our friends and their kiddos arrived around 6:15 and we all had dinner...


After bellies were filled, the kids set out to roam the neighborhood in search of candy! We had a hot dog, a witch from Descendants, Chewbacca, Bumblebee, a cowgirl, Cat Boy and a pumpkin - whoosh! I sat on the porch with my Mom and my sweet pup - in his bat wings - and we handed out candy. After sorting all the goodies and sampling some with Amelia and Evelyn, I ended my Halloween night with my tradition - watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Five. Weekend Plans - It's supposed to rain all evening tonight...but that's no big deal! I'm headed to the theater to see Bohemian Rhapsody, which I'm really looking forward to! I grew up listening to Queen's music, so I know all the songs by heart and I've heard good things about the movie! I'm going to sleep in on Saturday and then meet up with my co-workers to attend a wine tasting event my office is taking part in...


After the wine tasting, my parents are picking me up and we are heading to celebrate (I'll share about that a little later...) at Chuy's! The leaves have become absolutely incredible this past week and so on Sunday after church, we are heading into the National Park to peep some leaves! And Sunday night, the fourth season of Outlander premieres!

What are your weekend plans? Anything you're looking forward to? I hope everyone enjoys the first weekend of November!

No comments:

Post a Comment