Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Freddie Mercury, Fruits of the Vine & Fall Leaves

It's Tuesday - so y'all know that means my Monday was a little bit wild! Honestly, Monday wasn't so bad and it wasn't even really hectic but I guess the rain and the time change combined to make me seem melancholy because I sighed as the nurse prepared to give me my flu shot...and she asked what had gotten me down? Honestly - nothing, ha-ha!

This weekend was full but so good! We were lucky enough to get to leave work early on Friday and so I headed home in the rain, picked up my parents and we hopped over to Wok Zone for dinner and then to the Alamo to see Bohemian Rhapsody.


I could go on and on about how excellent the movie was - there were times I wasn't sure if I was watching Rami Malek playing Freddie Mercury or it actually WAS Freddie Mercury. The movie was phenomenal, so fun and of course, the music in the movie was outstanding! I've had my Queen on repeat since watching the movie! I got the Killer Queen cocktail to enjoy during the movie, it was tropical, yummy and included a mustache, ha-ha! Seriously y'all - go see Bohemian Rhapsody!

Saturday morning I slept in, had my coffee and then set about getting ready. My office had a client event at Fleetwood Farm Winery on Saturday afternoon from 1-4, my friends (who are also my co-workers) picked me up at 11:45, so after scarfing down some soup - it was time to hop in the car and make the 50 minute ride to the winery. 


The winery was absolutely lovely and the weather; after being dreary all day on Friday, was a perfect day. We met with clients, sampled wines, snacked on some delicious treats from Wegman's and it was honestly just a really nice afternoon! I'm terrible at being social (at least, I think so) but it was very easy to talk with everyone - which was surprising to me! I sampled some really delicious Rose and Chardonnay, had macarons and got to spend time with my friends! 



After the tasting was done - I joined my parents for dinner at Chuy's - one of my Mom and I's favorite Mexican spots. We have to get it when we are closer to DC because while there are locations all over the place the closer you get to DC, they are not close to us. *sigh* We scarfed down some delicious food, popped into the Nothing Bundt Cakes store and then headed home to watch MSU football and relax.


Sunday we slept in - but not really that late, what with the time change and all that jazz. We decided to skip church on Sunday morning and instead had breakfast at Mama's Kitchen before waiting in the line of cars to enter the National Park and check out the fall foliage. The line was a bit long, but once inside the park the traffic was almost nonexistent with people going every which way to see all the different views the park has to offer.





The trees seemed to be the most colorful near the base of the mountains - I think the recent rainy and windy weather had already pulled most of the leaves from the trees higher on the mountain. We made our way to the midway point, then headed out of the park near Sperryville and headed home. We picked up my sweet pup and made our way to the Virginia State Arboretum because the Gingko trees finally turned the spectacular golden yellow that they are known for...




We made a drive around the Arboretum and snapped some pictures of other gorgeous Autumn colors on display...



We made our way home and my Mom and I watched the first episode of the new season of Outlander. Of course, it was dark by 5:00 and I commented that it felt like midnight at 5:30...but I always feel that way, ha-ha! We had pizza for dinner, I maybe...just maybe...put out my Christmas tree(s) and took a bubble bath and ended the evening with Poldark!

No comments:

Post a Comment