Monday, March 24, 2014

Southwest Chicken Salad - Two Ways

Southwest Chicken Salad isn't really a salad - it's chicken salad. I'm not really much for salad as it is and while I'm sure that a nice salad with some chicken tossed on top of it is delicious, that's not what this. What this is happens to be a twist on your run of the mill chicken salad and once I mixed it up, I used it in two different ways and both were absolutely delicious!

I found the original recipe on Pintrest and tweaked it to my own liking from there!

An ingredients picture that I've just now realized is fuzzy. Ignore the ViSalus in the background...

Ingredients

- 1 can white meat chicken, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
-1/2 tbsp. ranch dressing
-1 tbsp. BBQ sauce
-1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice (I had cheddar, a Mexican blend would be good as well)
-salt
-pepper

I took these pictures at lunch and I was using classy cooking tools...obviously.

It doesn't look entirely appetizing all squished together like this...but I assure you, it is!

How To

- Drain the chicken and flake it apart.

-Drain the black beans and add to the flaked chicken.

-Combine the cheese, ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, salt and pepper with the bean and chicken mixture, combing all the ingredients well.

-Serve on a toasted bun! 

*The recipe can also be made with corn added into your mixture; I omitted that because I'm not a huge eater of corn but you can make it however you want. It was also recommended that it be served with tortilla chips to scoop up and munch!

So yummy!

As the title says, I made this two ways and the second way might be my favorite - it was so yummy and made a delicious and quick Sunday lunch for me! It was perfect with a bowl of chicken noodle soup on a chilly Sunday!

All you need is your southwest chicken salad and a package of crescent rolls!

Ingredients

-Southwest chicken salad (with a little extra BBQ sauce added in)
-1 package of crescent rolls

Spoon a good size dollop of chicken salad onto your crescent roll and wrap it up!

Arrange the packets of goodness on a pan - and do a dance if you have parchment paper!

How To

-Preheat the oven to 375 (or the temperature listed on the package of crescent rolls)

-Spoon a decent helping of the chicken salad mixture into each crescent roll and wrap it up tight, placing them spaced out on your cooking sheet.

-Bake at 375 for fifteen minutes.

-Devour! Ha-ha...or maybe just enjoy...your choice!

Delicious pockets of tastiness!

A toasty mixture of chicken, black beans, cheese, sauce and flaky crescent. So yummy & good!
So there you have it! An easy little variation on chicken salad that is delicious on a bun, scooped up with tortilla chips or baked in crescent rolls! Get yourself to the store and whip up some of this for yourself - you'll enjoy it for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment