Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Old School Blogging

So, I'm linking up with a blog I check into from time to time called An Inch of Gray. Apparently eons ago when people first started doing this crazy thing called blogging, sharing post with randoms questions was a big part of getting to know other bloggers. I've done this several times before and thought I'd do another one just for the fun of it.

I always like a little something to pass the time!


What is the last thing you watched on TV?
My Tuesday night shows (because I haven't watched TV since last night) are Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and The Originals. I usually watch one while I'm recording the other since they both come on at 7 - I flip-flop which one I'm watching from week to week. I watched The Originals last night; a show that is a spin-off of The Vampire Diaries and centers on the Original family, and which I must confess I actually think is better than The Vampire Diaries. Shh - don't tell anyone I said that! Agents of Shield wasn't actually on last night but a show called Marvel: Assembling A Universe was on in it's place and being the complete dork that I am (I'll write a post on that someday...) I watched it with rapt attention. I can't wait for Captain America: The Winter Soldier or Avengers: Age of Ultron...I must admit I'm not sure about Guardians of the Galaxy though...

The Originals & Agents of Shield...my Tuesday night shows.

When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
I last stepped outside this morning when I got out of my car to walk into the office. I'm really looking forward to stepping outside again to go to lunch because since this morning, the sun has come out and the skies are blue!

What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Mostly ugly pictures and random pieces of stuff...because I'm sitting at the office.

Ugly painting....

Slightly less ugly painting...and the top of my nappy head...

All manner of random junk...


If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
I would buy a small but nice home to be my "base" and then I would travel all over the place. I'd start in London and just see the world. I guess that means I'd be buying lots of airline tickets...although maybe not Malaysia Airlines because they still have not found that plane and I just do not know what to think about all that business! I've always worried about crashing in a plane but the thought of the plane I'm on just disappearing...never entered my mind!

Sorry - I dovetailed. I'd buy plane tickets. And luggage. And fabulous travel things.

Tell me something about you that most people don’t know.
I like things to be "even". Case in point, I like my phone calls to end on even numbers - I want to hang the call up at 20:44 seconds, not 20:43 seconds. It bugs me. I don't know why. Also, in the car - I want the heat or air to be turned to an even number - 68 is fine, 67 is not...neither is 69. I like the volume to be on an even number. If it stops on 9, you better believe I'm turning it up to 10 because 9 is just not acceptable. I know - could I be more weird? I could...but we'll leave that alone for today.

Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
A wrong number - doesn't that stink? No, I'm not Benny! Do I sound like a Benny??

If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
It's location. I wish I could just pick the thing up from it's lot in Mississippi and slap it back down in the middle of Virginia's rolling hills with a view of the mountains out my back door and my parents a few miles down the road!

What was the last thing you bought?
Gas! I mean - thrills, I know. I live an exciting life. I plan to buy some almonds on my lunch break. Again, I know what you're thinking: hold the phone Sally, you are TOO wild! Thank you - I know.

Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? 
No. So much no. I'd not do either. Heights + Natalie = spazz attack. I'll pass.

If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
I will be completely shallow with this one...because at this point in life, my answer would hands-down be...Benedict Cumberbatch! Hello - duh!

  • The Hollywood Reporter Photoshoot - benedict-cumberbatch Photo
    I am not ashamed - love him. 

Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
I can only choose one place? Well then I suppose I would say Belk because then I could buy clothes, shoes, purses, accessories and even some home goods. Maybe I'm not thinking deep enough with this but I've never gotten something from Belk that I didn't like so I'll stick with that answer! Old Navy is nice too....

Is the glass half empty or half full?
I guess it all depends on how you look at it, huh? ;)

What’s the farthest-away place you’ve been?
I suppose that would be....Canada! Lovely place, delightful people! Things are a wee bit more expensive though! Loved my few short sweet days in Canada though and I'd love to go back.



What’s under your bed? 
A bunch of junk! Surprisingly though - it is all organized! I actually only have two shoe boxes; one filled with letters from a high school boyfriend and one filled with letters from my high school friends, it tickles me to no end to pull them all out and read them. We were beyond dramatic! I also have an empty storage container and three pillows. Wow - I guess that's it. So actually not a bunch of junk!

What is your favorite time of the day?
Dusk, when the light is changing. It's the part of the day where everything transitions - the hustle and bustle of the day gives way to the still and calm of night. And there you have it, me being poetic today. That's all you get. Twilight (also know as dusk) is also good for a good sunset!

What Inspires You?
There are lots of things that inspire me but I guess the most prevalent thing at this point is my little sister, Lindsey. She had a dream when she was in high school - to go to the Air Force Academy and become a pilot. She will graduate in May and start pilot training in November; so to know that she went after her dream is pretty inspiring to me. I'm proud of you Lindsey!

Isn't she cute?

So - there you have it. That's the end of this post; I hope you enjoyed my take on "old school blogging".







No comments:

Post a Comment