Thursday, October 5, 2023

Farewell to Thirty-Eight!

What a year it's been - and it feels like it flew by in the blink of an eye! Thirty-eight was a wonderful year, filled with more good than bad and at the end of another year of life, I think that's truly all we can ask for - isn't it?


I had a wonderful beginning to my thirty-eighth year: I was pampered and catered to ahead of my wedding, got married shortly after my birthday, spent a wonderful time with my new husband in Jamaica, hosted Thanksgiving in our home and enjoyed a wonderful Christmas season celebrating Ryan and I's first holiday season as a married couple!


The thirty-eighth year did bring about some sadness - as it's bound to do. I had to say goodbye to my precious Watson, who had been with me through so many ups and downs and had absolutely been my best little friend for the last fourteen years. *sigh* I took a walk on the wild side and got my first tattoo (it remains to be seen if it will be my last...) and Ryan and I graduated from Financial Peace University and fostered Luna the pit! 

I love to travel and my thirty-eighth year was no exception! Ryan and I went to Nashville, England, the Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania and Florida... to name a few of the longer trips. We also spent some weekends out and about around our hometown and generally just enjoyed exploring together. I joined a Women's Mentorship Group at church shortly after turning thirty-eight and attended with commitment every month from October through August - it was an amazing way to grow my walk with the Lord and meet new friends.

I also experienced the joy of selling a a home and Ryan and I accomplished a huge goal we set for ourselves before our marriage - we officially became debt free just a few weeks ago! I have experienced so much growth in the last year - personally, professionally, spiritually and even emotionally. I bit the bullet and decided to start going to therapy this year and it's had a profound affect on my life - I am a firm believer in taking care of one's mental health and I'm so glad I finally decided to practice what I preach! 

**************************************************

My thirty-eighth year has been one of the best ones yet! It was filled with so much joy, some sorrow here and there, but overwhelming it was a year of making the most amazing memories and seeing the Lord's hand at work in my life. I have been blessed this last year and look forward to what thirty-nine has in store for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment