Friday, June 9, 2023

Friday Favorites


Can anyone else believe it's already June? Who am I kidding - it's already the second weekend in June!

One. It's Wild(fire) - This one is definitely not a favorite, it's more just like an observation! Our corner of Northern Virginia has spent the week being impacted by the wildfires in Canada... and while it's nothing like what New York is dealing with, it hasn't been pretty. 


The air is smoky and the sky is filled with a thick haze - you can't see the sky at all - just a dull blue-gray color up above. We noticed on Thursday morning that we couldn't see the mountains from our back door anymore because the haze was so strong! I'm hoping this weekend will being weather that will move the smoke on it's way!

Two. No Weekend Plans - We have no plans this weekend and I'm thrilled! Every once in a while, you need a weekend with nothing really on the agenda and that's this weekend for us! I'm sure we will still find plenty to get into and things to do... but it's really nice to know I can sleep in tomorrow!

Three. Latrobe PA - Next weekend however, we are headed up to the Latrobe, Pennsylvania area for Father's Day Weekend with my parents. The reason behind our little trip to PA is for an air show that will feature the US Air Force Thunderbirds - an air show is one of my Dad's favorite things, so this will definitely be a treat for him!


My husband has never been to an air show before - so this should be a real treat for him as well! I was raised on the sound of jet noise, so I'm an old pro at the airplanes, the food trucks, the static displays and more! Fingers crossed for wonderful weather for the airplanes to show off!

Four. Falling Water - Also on the agenda next weekend, we are going to Falling Water! A place I've always wanted to see and I honestly had no clue it was so close to us! I can't wait to check out this architectural giant that is just a few hours from our home!


I hope the weather is lovely - although I'd prefer that if it's going to be a mood, it be a mood on the day the planes aren't involved, ha-ha! What a beautiful home! I can already hear the sounds of the falling water (hehehe) in my mind! 

*****************************************************

That's all I've got this Friday! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment