Monday, June 5, 2023

A Speedy Weekend!

The weekend feels like it flew by - and today is Monday, and not Tuesday - so no three-day weekend this week! But fear not, there are two three-day weekends on the horizon, closely followed by vacation to Florida! 

I left work around 3:00 on Friday and since we stayed at my parents house for the weekend, I ended up being a little bit of a bum and lying on their couch, with Luna beside me. My Dad grilled steaks and chicken for dinner (chicken for me) and we had a great meal of grilled meats, baked potatoes and salads while sitting out on the deck! Luna got bones and bites - of course.

 

We popped over to New Town Creamery around 8:30 for our dessert and I thoroughly enjoyed my swirled cone of Fruity Pebbles and Blue Moon, dipped in birthday cake cone dip! My husband got a funnel cake sundae - and that thing was huge - alas, I have no pictures! It was a great way to to end the night and of course, Ryan and I were asleep before 10 PM - because that's how we roll!

Saturday, Ryan participated in Honor Flight - he was paired with a Veteran and they toured the monuments in DC all day on Saturday. Ryan's vet was former Navy and they seem to have hit it off well and Ryan said he had a great day! My Mom and I spent the day doing "girl things" like shopping, getting pedicures and having lunch together! 


When the guys (my Dad also participated) returned around 6:15 - we met them at Shenandoah University for a grand welcome! Everyone was waving flags, cheering and clapping for everyone and once we were all indoors, they had a jazz band and swing dancers - it was straight out of the 1940's! They also had Mission BBQ catered for dinner, so the whole experience was delightful and delicious! My sweet husband (and his Veteran) told me that I'll have to join the experience next year!




What I didn't post pictures of was my knee and the mess that I made of it while we waited for the men to return! I'll confess that I was staring at my phone and completely missed a curb, and my right knee took the brunt of the fall! Thankfully a nice bystander offered water and paper towels from the back of her car - or I'd have been walking around with blood dripping down my leg! Yikes! 


Sunday started as a pretty gray day - we headed out to church and then used a gift card to have lunch at Olive Garden before I did a grocery run to Aldi and then headed home! We spent the afternoon getting our clothes put away, getting clothes washed and getting ready for the work week ahead! We also finished the movie The Goonies - which neither of us had ever seen before!

It was a good weekend - all in all - even if it did seem to pass very quickly!

1 comment: