Monday, April 24, 2023

Singing, Shopping & the Salon!

Well. Another weekend has flown by and it's Monday again! It seems like the weekends pass so quickly - I'm looking forward to our upcoming vacation very much! But until Friday evening, it's work and life as usual! 

Friday night Ryan and I were able to go see Brandon Lake in concert in nearby Leesburg - and it was such an incredible concert! Brandon Lake sings some of the most beautiful worship songs and the concert was just a huge time of worship, prayer and really amazing music! We loved the concert but man, when it was over at 10:15 - we were two tired folks! 

We stayed at my parent's this weekend - and I think we were both pretty thrilled that our drive "home" after the concert was only about 50 minutes as opposed to 75! We crawled into bed shortly before midnight and I was really thrilled for some sleep, ha-ha!

Also - the picture below is a group "selfie" from the concert - you'll never be able to see Ryan and I, but I thought it was pretty cool to be able to have access to this really neat photo! 


Saturday morning I woke up with a little of a headache - which is always a crummy way to start the day - but I took some medicine, had coffee and breakfast, and soldiered on! I had too many exciting things to do! While Ryan did some yard work around my parent's house (such a good son-in-law), I headed up the mountain to my friend Katie's house!

 


I haven't seen her or her babies since my wedding and so I spent a couple hours hanging out with them, having a charcuterie that she and her husband put together, stealing baby snuggles, looking at giant holes in the yard made by rocks and blowing bubbles! After I left, they requested that I come back and after some discussion - they decided the next time I come, I can bring Ryan.

 

Speaking of my Ryan - once I headed home, we cruised back over to Leesburg to hit the outlets and grab some things for our upcoming travels! I grabbed some jeans and tops, Ryan got new shoes and a rain jacket! We had a wonderful time shopping together, had a delicious dinner at Outback and then headed back to my parent's (our BnB for the weekend - if you will) for the evening! 


Sunday after church, we had an awesome lunch at Texas Roadhouse (gotta love a free lunch - yay for gift cards) and then I got my nails done! My nails were free also, since I was one of 100 people to win a free dip nail from the salon when it opened back in September of last year! We made a quick Target run and then headed home - Ryan went to the Moose for a little while and I got some things done around the house!


We have started the packing for our trip to the UK - our flight leaves Friday evening, so we are counting down the days (and soon the hours) until we head out! Y'all have a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment