Monday, November 28, 2022

Life Lately - I'm Playing Catch Up

Oh goodness y’all – I am absolutely playing catch up! I cannot wait to share all about our wedding and our honeymoon – but last week was Thanksgiving and now we are headed full force into Christmas! I’ll get to it eventually… even if that means I’m sharing sunny pictures of Jamaica during a January snowstorm, ha-ha! I just wanted to share a little of what we’ve been up to in the past week or so!

 

We arrived back from Jamaica’s balmy 86-degree weather to Virginia’s nippy 38-degree weather! Eek! So much changed in the week we were gone on our honeymoon (for me at least) – a co-worker quit and so my small office is now down to two people! The three days I did work were a bit hectic while we worked to gather up and finish up the things left unfinished by the newly departed employee! We ended up getting off around noon on Wednesday and so I popped by my parents to pick up Christmas decorations…

The Tiffany's pearl necklace my husband gifted me!

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house and I’d say it was a smashing success. I mean – certainly it was only Ryan and I with my parents, but I did the turkey and it turned out great! Ryan carved the turkey and ham, everyone was stuffed on corn casserole, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, rolls, gravy, etc… and Ryan and I both succumbed to a post-feast nap because of the tryptophan. Hehehe. The weather was beautiful and so we headed to Seven Bends State Park to take a walk and I do love that we live so close to such great outdoor space!

 


Watson was absolutely pooped after all the walking and bites of turkey, he immediately crashed once we were home again. We watched the Egg Bowl (Mississippi State and the University of Mississippi) and the Dawgs came out victorious this year – it was the perfect way to cap off the Thanksgiving holiday!



I am a lover of all things Christmas and so on Friday – it was off to the stores to get a new Christmas tree! The one I’ve used for the last several years had absolutely no life left in it, the lights didn’t work – it was just a lost cause. Thank goodness for Black Friday deals and wedding presents in the form of gift cards! We grabbed a lovely Christmas tree from Lowe’s, headed home and decorated the house right up! I couldn’t have been more thrilled, and I have absolutely loved sitting by our lovely Christmas tree each evening as it twinkles (in both white and color lights).

 

We did some other errands over the four-day weekend – Ryan got his Costco card in place, and we made not one but two trips to Costco! We found some incredible ski pants on sale, which we will need come February and we joined my parents to see the movie Devotion on Friday night. It made me cry and while it was a good movie – I can’t say I love how it ended. *sigh* We went back to Costco on Saturday and bought some things in bulk before finishing up our grocery list and picking up the final larger furniture items from my parents. I know – it’s all very thrilling, ha-ha!

 


Watson continues to think of himself as a gift and does his best to weasel his way under the Christmas tree at every chance he gets! I’m working to try and get presents wrapped to keep him from climbing under the tree – but if Sunday evening is any indication, he will just knock them over and keep going. *face palm* I thought cats were meant to be tree destroyers – not dogs! 


The holiday season is in full swing – Ryan and I’s first Thanksgiving as husband and wife is in the books. We have our first Christmas tree, and I ordered our Christmas cards today! We have Christmas get-togethers filling the calendar and I cannot believe we have less than 40 days in 2022! What a blessing this last few weeks have been – life is so sweet right now and I want to cherish every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment