Friday, November 4, 2022

Friday Favorites

I am a week and a day from my wedding – can you believe it? I mean, I honestly don’t know if I can believe it but here we are! Time absolutely flies when you’re having fun and I’ve been having fun with Ryan since the day we met! Since it’s only a week away from the wedding, so many things are happening, and I just wanted to pop in and share some of my favorite things happening this week (and weekend).

Autumn Beauty – The colors are still pretty beautiful almost everywhere and on Tuesday afternoon; after a pretty stressful day, Watson and I took a long walk around our soon to be hometown. The wonderful little Main Street, the cozy small-town vibes and the beautiful mountains rising in the distance made me feel so at peace – which was so wonderful after my wild Tuesday.


 

I especially loved the bold, bright red tree that is located near the county buildings near our home. There were several of them, all in stunning shades of red and I couldn’t resist snapping a picture. I feel like Autumn leaves can’t ever quite be done justice with a cell phone camera, but it certainly makes me smile when I look at it.

A Sweet Surprise – My younger sister (and my Maid of Honor) was scheduled to arrive in Virginia on Thursday afternoon, and I was looking forward to having dinner with her and our parents on Thursday evening. Much to my surprise, when I popped into my parent’s house on Thursday morning to drop Watson off for a little visit… there she stood in front of the fireplace! 

She and my parents (and apparently my fiancé) pulled off a sneaky little surprise! She decided months ago to come a day earlier than she’d told me, and they’d been planning to surprise me at lunch on Thursday. However, when I decided to drop off Watson for a visit – the surprise was revealed a little earlier! So, my Thursday lunch date included my little sister and we’ve been having a wonderful time so far!

Divine Dinner – Thursday night, our wonderful little family of five had dinner at Regions 117 to celebrate my sister’s recent career advancement! Regions is always such a delight to dine at and Thursday night’s dinner was no exception! We started our meal with some lovely Autumn cocktails; I had a divine Harvest Sangria, and we also had some Charred Brussel Sprouts and Kung Pao Shrimp! 




I had the Wagyu Burger of the Week, which had bourbon barrel-fried onion straws, pesto ranch and Monterey jack cheese – it was divine, and I couldn’t finish it, so Ryan took it for lunch today! I passed on dessert because I was stuffed (see how I couldn’t finish my burger) but I did taste bites of my Mom’s Peach Blueberry Cobbler and my sister’s Butter Cake – it was all delicious! Such a wonderful night!

Bachelorette Weekend – It’s the weekend of my bachelorette party and I am looking forward to all the celebrations! My younger sister and I will be headed to the location (I’ll share after the weekend is over) after I get off work today and checking in for the weekend! We will be enjoying a delightful dinner at Brix 27 in Martinsburg, West Virginia tonight and will absolutely enjoy sleeping and taking advantage of the spa tomorrow morning!

Saturday afternoon my bridesmaids (most of them) are arriving for some socializing, dinner at a divine restaurant and then a lingerie party! We will close out the weekend on Sunday morning with breakfast before everyone heads to their respective homes! Our family will be closing out the weekend with Afternoon Tea at the wonderful French bakery Flour & Water – I can’t wait for that either (although it’s not a part of the bachelorette, ha-ha).

***************************************************************************

I cannot believe I am celebrating my bachelorette party this weekend! I cannot believe I am a week away from being a wife! I can’t wait to take a deep breath and try to take in every moment of the next week! Y’all enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Be calm and take it all in. We are ready and it's going to be amazing! Hope your Bachelorette Weekend is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete