Friday, December 10, 2021

Five on Friday

Christmas Eve is in TWO weeks - can you even believe that? I know I turned my head to look at the calendar this morning and was blown away when I realized that we are just two weeks from Christmas day! It's been quite the week... so let's get right to it!

 

One. If I'm Honest - In the spirit of transparency... this week has been a bit stressful. I find myself prone to being more anxious than most people and currently in my life: planning a wedding/looking for a house/doing a complete transition within my office/going to & fro with Christmas celebrations & the inherent feelings of the seasons... and just doing life in general.


I got far too upset earlier in the week over something that honestly didn't warrant the tears or the high emotions - I let my emotions get the better of me and suffice it to say, it wasn't a proud moment. Ryan and I are going to a Christmas party tonight and then we have absolutely nothing on the agenda for the entire weekend, so I plan to just relax, read, watch some Christmas movies and be calm. 

Two. Christmas Celebrations - It's the season for all the Christmas parties and shindigs and get together(s) and the first of the season for me was Christmas dinner with my ladies group from church on Wednesday night! We had dinner at Paladin - a delicious restaurant here in the area; their food is always amazing.


After having dinner we did a gift exchange and went around the table sharing about different things going on in each of our lives. We even decided to get involved in trivia night and managed to come in third place - which was a light up Bud Light sign - that we donated back to the restaurant. *laugh*

Three. A Sneaky Thief - Most of the time these days, I am pretty convinced Watson has almost completely lost the ability to see. He has cloudy little eyes and is beginning to have trouble with stairs but where food is concerned....


Wednesday night Ryan and I watched him root around in the pantry, find his bag of treats, somehow get them open and proceed to help himself. He ate one treat... and then went back for a second... all with not a thought to Ryan or I standing there watching. I finally put them away and closed the door - but who knew he was so sneaky?

Four. Office Treats - As I mentioned, the office is in the process of transferring from one company to another... and so it's been a wild week, to say the least. There have been a couple perks: the company we are transferring to has bought lunch for us all week long... and my boss bought Starbucks for everyone in the afternoon(s).


Friday morning my office manager showed up with the most glorious looking donuts from a local spot called Glazed and Confused. The picture doesn't even do them justice because they tasted even better than they looked - and I sampled bites of a cookies & cream, strawberry shortcake, blueberry lemon and chocolate. 

Five. The Happiest of Birthdays - Today is my Mom's birthday! She is the sweetest, most wonderful Mom and has been the strongest force of love and support in my life from the moment I was born. I don't know if I'd have made it so far in life if it wasn't for her and all the ways she has encourged and uplifted me!


She is in Mississippi this weekend celebrating with her friends and family - so we will celebrate her when she gets home early in the week. She is such a blessing to me and I'm so glad she's MY Mom.

************************************************************

Two weeks to Christmas Eve - if you haven't wrapped up your shopping and put bows on all your packages, times' a wasting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment