Friday, December 3, 2021

Five on Friday

It's the first weekend of December - there are just four full weekends left in the year 2021 - and so we are off and running with the final month of this wildly wonderful year. 


One. A Free Weekend - December is here and it's usually a pretty busy month, so when I tell you that I'm pretty excited about not really having any definitive plans for the weekend - believe me. Every weekend in November was filled with something and so knowing that I don't really have too much that I "have" to do this weekend is thrilling. Granted - it also means I'll have plenty of time to get our Christmas cards addressed, get some laundry done... and I'm sure I'll come up with some other things that need to be done. *sigh*

*Having said that... 

Two. Stephens City Christmas Festival - The church Ryan and I attend is doing a Christmas Festival tonight and we are taking part in it! The Festival will be from 6-8 tonight and will have food trucks, local vendors, a gingerbread house competition, free hot cocoa and cookies, Santa Claus and a live nativity - and more! If you live locally - it's definitely worth checking out! The weather looks great for a Christmas Market: crisp, chilly and clear! Where are my gloves...


I'm also excited (and nervous) because this will be my first time doing a vendor event as a Perfectly Posh consultant! I've been a consultant for almost five years now but never really been able to do a vendor event - so I'm jumping in for the first time on Friday night! I've got gift sets all packaged and ready to go and I'm praying everything goes well!

Three. Long Branch Holiday Home Tour - I do love Long Branch and they are having their Holiday Open House every Saturday and Sunday in December from 12 - 5 and it's completely free! My family has been several times in the past and we even went last year... before COVID descended on our house and things went nuts.


I used to attend book club at Long Branch and have a soft spot in my heart for the place - it really is a beautiful home. I've even gotten the chance to see some behind the scenes where decorating is concerned in the past and that was fun - so I'm looking forward to checking it out this year too! 

Four. Follow the Star - A local church (Fellowship Bible Church) does this live nativity on a rather grand scale and they do it every year but I haven't had the chance to take it in for the last few years. There was the COVID last year and before that, there was just so much going on... and it's only for two days each Christmas season.


This year instead of a walk through, they are doing a Drive Thru event and I am looking forward to checking it out! It's on Saturday and Sunday evening and it looks like all you'll need is a smart phone, a car and yourself to check it out! 

Five. The Commission by Cain - Ryan, myself and my parents attended the one night only showing on Christmas with the Chosen: The Messengers on Wednesday, December 1st and the movie/show was absolutely fantastic. It was filled with musical performances by several contemporary Christian artists sharing their favorite Christmas songs and monologues about the many names of God.


The finale was a lovely episode of The Chosen that was all about the Christmas Story - the most important part of Christmas, the nativity. It was all beautifully done but I was especially touched by the song that premiered before the movie even began - The Commission by Cain. So I wanted to share that here for you to check out! 

*************************************************

That's all I've got for this first weekend of the holiday season! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy this special season with those you hold most dear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment