Friday, October 8, 2021

Five on Friday


One. Watson Wednesday... but on Friday - Isn't this the sweetest picture you've ever seen? My sweet buddy is getting to be an old man and it was especially sweet to find him curled up on my bed this last week, fast asleep.


Two. Birthday Goodness - Well... I have been one very spoiled lady for my 37th birthday! My sweet fiancé cooked me the most wonderful dinner (hamburger steaks & scalloped potatoes - one of my favorites) on Wednesday. He greeted me when I came home and instructed me to just relax on the couch while he took care of everything! After our dinner, he surprised me with a cake my parents had shipped to the house and he gave me presents - and lest I forget, he also gave me presents on Tuesday night - he said they were "birthday eve" gifts.


My sweet friends at work gave me a whole barrel of presents - it was an abundance of riches and I was thoroughly spoiled by them both!

Three. Succulent Garden - One of my gifts from my sweet friend Meridith was a succulent garden that she hand-made! It was filled with delightful little succulents, stones and shards of blue and yellow tile that were meant to invoke Beauty and the Beast. She even included a wee tea pot and cup (Mrs. Potts & Chip) and a magic mirror... and don't you think that cottage resembles the house where Belle and her father live?


Four. Bond, James Bond - Ryan and I had a date night on Thursday night and it was great! We headed to Ashburn for the evening and our first stop was Hammerdown BBQ to have dinner. I'd read rave reviews about the BBQ joint online... but I have to say, it didn't just blow us away. It was good - but I've had better (Monk's in Purcellville being one...). And in case it isn't obvious, I wore my new camouflage overalls that were waiting on me when I got home from work - another gift from Ryan!



We then headed to Brambleton Plaza in Ashburn to see No Time to Die in IMAX - and what an experience that was! The movie was excellent and seeing it in IMAX was pretty impressive as well. I'd never seen a single Bond film until Ryan came along... but we are making up for that now!

Five. Weekend Plans - It's a full weekend this weekend and I'm so looking forward to all of it! Ryan and I are both off work on Friday and so we are going to look at a house and then I'm meeting my friend Jen and her girls for coffee later in the afternoon. I'm sure Ryan and I will end up watching a movie or something on Friday night.

Saturday we are going to Dogtoberfest in Old Town Winchester and we will do our best to resist the allure of all the adoptable puppies, ha-ha! We're also going to pop by Marker Miller Orchard and check out the fireworks in Middletown on Saturday night. Sunday will be church, football and Ladies Bible Study for me - so we've got plenty to do this weekend!

************************************************

Y'all enjoy the first full weekend in October - I certainly plan to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment