Monday, May 31, 2021

Life Lately - May


Can anyone believe that it's almost June? I know I can't - and yet my calendar tells me we are about to flip it over and we will be closing in on the mid-point of this year! It's a little mind-boggling to me! As summer approaches, here are some things I've been loving lately!


Eating - Y'all know I always eat well, ha-ha! The beginning of the month was spent in Gettysburg and my wonderful boyfriend made us Chicken Alfredo that was absolutely delicious! On Mother's Day weekend the family ate at one of our favorite DC area restaurants, Clyde's - I had to die for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup! *drool* I also enjoyed my Mom's galoumpus, a Strawberry Shortcake trifle that my Dad made and ice cream at Newtown Creamery!


On our travels in May, I finally had Hattie B's Hot Chicken in Birmingham - pretty tasty! I had the vegetable plate (including macaroni & cheese - which Ryan says isn't a vegetable) and a slice of Peanut Butter Pie at Weidmann's in Meridian and a delicious pasta dish at Harvest Grill in Meridian. The treats at my cousin's wedding were tasty and on the way home, we made sure to close out our visit to Gatlinburg at Pancake Pantry - where I had the Blueberry Pancakes!

Watching - Once Home Town ended, it just rolled right into Home Town Takeover and I just rolled right into watching that, ha-ha! Ben & Erin of Home Town have been working to revitalize the small town of Wetumpka, Alabama and I've enjoyed seeing the stories and design reveals. I also started watching Shadow & Bone on Netflix while I'm exercising and so far, I'm intrigued enough to keep going with it and see how the story plays out.

I also got to go to the movies again for what felt like the first time in months. I actually think it was the first time I went to the movies and was able to sip on a drink, not wear a face mask (hallelujah vaccination) and just enjoy myself. Ryan and I saw A Quiet Place II - and it was great!

Wearing - Oh my goodness... a pair of sandals I picked up while I was in Mississippi! They are made by Pierre Dumas but they are almost a perfect look alike of Tory Burch sandals but they were a fraction of the price you'd pay for the "name brand". 


The sandals I purchased are exactly like the picture - but I purchased a pair in a pewter color - which goes with pretty much everything! And honestly, I have been wearing them with pretty much everything! 

Bought - I grabbed two of the cutest dresses from Target that will be perfect for the Summer and honestly, I now think I could transition one into the Autumn with a long sleeve tee and tights! So fun! I have had my eye on the blue/green/lavender printed dress for weeks and weeks but the dressing rooms were always closed - so I finally just went for it.


Happily the floral dress fit perfectly and I also grabbed up the yellow tie-top dress and immediately wore it to the office with a cardigan! I stumbled on the above picture and suddenly a million other ideas came to my mind for how I could wear my little golden dress throughout the Summer and Autumn!

Want - Well y'all... I just don't know what I want really! I mean, I'd like some extra hours in the day to read... ha-ha! I told my boyfriend I wished I knew how to apparate (like in Harry Potter) so I could hop back and forth to PA whenever I wanted. But honestly - I don't think I want for too much and that's a blessing. 

Reading -  I finished What Comes After by JoAnne Tompkins at the start of the month and also read The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave; I enjoyed both of them! The books were incredibly different but each one told an intriguing and engaging story and I read both of them fairly quickly. I can't believe that those are the only two books I read in May.



I am planning to start The Search for Significance by Robert McGee ASAP - and I also have Skye Falling by Mia McKenzie, The Maidens by Alex Michaelides and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid on the way!

******************************************************

That's all she wrote for the month of May! I can't believe we are already on to month six of this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment