Friday, May 21, 2021

Five on Friday - Wedding Weekend Edition

I don't know if I've ever been so glad to see Friday. Just kidding... but man, this week has been a bit of a stressful one. I'm looking forward to a really low key weekend, so I don't have much to share on that front! However, I did want to share all about the wedding aspects of the weekend and I thought this would be the perfect spot for that!


One. Weekend Lodgings - We stayed at the most delightful place in Meridian and I can bet that a lot of Meridian people don't even know it exists! The Lion & the Harp Bed & Breakfast is a gorgeous home situated on a beautiful patch of land with some really lovely rooms and delicious breakfasts! The home also has a lovely sitting area on the second floor filled with books, movie and a big television!



The breakfast each morning was delicious and our hosts (Janet & Tom) always had coffee ready each morning - which Ryan and I especially loved! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the B&B... but I do have to share that we were also their last customers! Janet and Tom are getting older and so they recently sold the house and will be moving to South Carolina soon. It was a delightful stay - no doubt!

Two. Practice Makes Perfect - Friday evening we attended the rehearsal for my cousin Colton's wedding at the MAX; Meridian's Arts & Entertainment Center located in downtown Meridian. There were people milling about everywhere and I mostly enjoyed seeing some family again for the first time in a while... and blessedly it wasn't too hot!




My cousin Jodi's little boy (who isn't quite two) was one of the ring bearers and watching him "practice" what he was supposed to do was absolutely hilarious. It was also absolutely hilarious when we sat down on a park bench and the other ring bearer (not quite three) walked over and said "um - we was sitting there first!" Cue all the laughter! 

Three. Winner Winner, Rehearsal Dinner - After the rehearsing... comes the dinner! We walked right around the corner (after watching the Clydesdales open the Threefoot Arts Festival Parade) to the MSU Riley Center for dinner. The food was delicious and the company at our table was a delight - although I have to be honest and say I just walked to Ryan a lot. 




 

When the dinner was done, there were speeches that made a lot of people teary eyed and a video that really made me feel some feelings... *sigh* I miss my grandparents. The dinner was Caesar salad, chicken, macaroni & cheese, green beans and bread pudding - it was all really tasty and the snack spread for later in the evening was also really delicious!

Four. I Do - Saturday at 5:30 was the big day and so we put on our fancy clothes (they were sort of fancy) and off we went to the MAX for the wedding! The sun was shining, the sky was blue and everything went off without a hitch... well, except that Colton and Alexa were hitched at the end of it, ha-ha!



 

The ceremony was lovely and meaningful... my favorite part was definitely when Colton saw his bride for the first time - although watching the little ring bearer make his way cautiously up the aisle until he saw my Uncle holding a small blue tractor and racing to the front... that was pretty cute too! It was a really wonderful wedding and I'm so glad we got to attend.  

Five. Cutting the Cake & Cutting a Rug - Once the couple were all hitched up, it was time to party and have some tasty treats! The reception was spread out in the courtyard of the MAX and there was a live band - I actually got to dance with my boyfriend at the reception - what a thrill! And if you think I'm being sarcastic there, I'm absolutely not. I've been waiting a long time for Ryan and I'm loving every minute.


 



We danced and had some of the delicious cakes - the wedding cake was strawberry and my cousin's groom's cake was chocolate chip cookies sandwiched with icing, forming a cake-like tower. It was good y'all! We cheered and rained down flower petals on the couple as they made their get-away and then the night was over!

******************************************************

Like I said - I'm so glad to see Friday. Last weekend was excellent and filled to the brim with things to do, places to go and people to see. I'm very much looking forward to this weekend being less busy and maybe sleeping in on Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment