Monday, July 10, 2017

...I've Got Nothin...

...Monday once more...and I am having vivid recollections of what I was doing this time last week...

Reading in the shade on the afternoon of the third...
The July Fourth holiday meant that the office closed at 12:00 on Monday and so I spent my afternoon baking, exercising, walking around the neighborhood with my pup and reading out on the deck. It was lovely - but it's also important to earn a living - and so this Monday looks like a workday...

Hello gorgeous sunset...
Fourth of July festivities...
The week was sort of a whirlwind and I think I mentioned in my post on Friday that I struggled to keep up with what day it was! Early day on Monday...off all day on Tuesday...by the time I was back at work on Monday, I wasn't sure what day it was! And yet somehow - I prevailed. I made my way through the work week...I survived a particularly long Friday and finally, the weekend arrived!

A little afternoon snack for the pup...
Friday night after having some delicious Mexican food for supper (is it bad that I'm still thinking about it and typing this is making my mouth water??), my Mom and I went about fifteen minutes up the road to Shenandoah University for the theatre departments performance of Beauty and the Beast as part of the Shenandoah Summer Music Theatre series. The play was good and the performers were (mostly) well suited to their parts - the Beast was a wee bit scrawny - but overall, it was a lovely play and fun to watch!
An evening at the theatre...
Saturday morning was spent with my pup at the vet - he's having a little operation this Friday and so he had to have some preliminary tests run - so that was a fun way to start the day... NOT. My pup has never so much as made a peep at the vet before and suddenly on Saturday, he squeaked and squealed at every prick. My pet momma heart was struggling! 

After a relaxing Saturday afternoon - for both me and the dog - I met up with my friend Jennie and her son Jimmy and we saw Spider-man: Homecoming! It was a great movie; I thoroughly enjoyed it and I also thoroughly enjoyed how the goofy little punk sitting next to me had to text me as soon as it ended to ask "did you like the movie?" Texting when I was mere inches away...goofy kid...

Did...you...like...the...movie?
Less than a week to go...can't wait!
Sunday was a fairly lazy day - I relaxed with my sweet pup; he seemed to be dragging a little bit. Something tells me that his shots from the day before were taking a bit of a toll on him. Poor little guy. I helped my Mom make oodles of star and moon sugar cookies for VBS snack...and I iced oodles of cupcakes, stars and moons too...sneaking a bite of icing here and there, of course!

When you know your dog is rotten...
So - this post is short and sweet. Perhaps a longer one later in the week? Only time will tell... And if you need a giggle, feel free to keep scrolling...


So...Facebook messenger has filters...

No comments:

Post a Comment