Friday, July 21, 2017

Five on Friday





One. D23 Expo - Perhaps you are not; like me, a huge Disney nerd. If you are a Disney nerd, you know this past week was the D23 Expo and they released so much amazing information that even though our family is going to Disney in January...my sister and I are already discussing when we can go again to see all the new things!

Sleeping in the middle of the Star Wars universe? Yes please!
A restaurant at Mission Space? Yep! Toy Story Land? Yep! A Ratatouille ride at Epcot? Yes indeed! A Guardians of the Galaxy ride at Epcot? Oh yes! Not just a land wholely devoted to Star Wars but a resort wholely devoted to Star Wars? OMG - YES! My Disney nerd heart can't take it... Maybe I should just pack up now and move to Orlando?

Ratatouille fun around Paris? I'm in! 

Two. Game of Thrones - The seventh season has finally...finally...after over a year of waiting...premiered! I was so happy to curl up on the couch in the dark of the living room and finally go back to Westeros again last Sunday night. I was applauding within the first few minutes and was; of course, completely entranced throughout the entire episode. I can't wait to see how the great game plays out and who (if anyone at all) is sitting on the Iron Throne when all is said and done. I also cannot believe there are only twelve episodes left for the entire series - six more for season seven and six for the final season. *sigh*

Game of Thrones game of thrones hbo got jon snow GIF


Three. Nationals Baseball - We finally...finally traded for some bullpen help! Hallelujah! If I could do those little raised hands emojis here, I definitely would! The week began with news that the Nationals had traded Blake Treinen and some prospects to the Athletics for relief pitchers Ryan Madson and Sean Doolittle. I'm not sure that it completely solves the bullpen issues but at least it's a step in the right direction!


The Nationals are spending the weekend in Arizona taking on the Diamondbacks before coming home to battle it out against the Brewers and the Rockies. I'll be taking in one of the games in the Rockies series and since I haven't been to the ballpark since July 4th - I cannot wait to be back at one of my favorite places!

Four. Weekend Plan - I don't have anything on the agenda this weekend; I've mentioned going to see The Big Sick with a friend but I'm waiting to see how that pans out. Otherwise, I'll be sleeping in, sipping coffee, relaxing on the deck (if it's not blazing hot...) and getting ready for another awesome episode of Game of Thrones!

Five. About today - I think the meme below sums it up pretty well - so, I'm out! Happy Friday y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment