About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Friday, June 16, 2017

Five on Friday


...It's Friday! It's always so exciting when Friday arrives; I'm sure we can all agree on that, right? The weekend is looming ever closer on the horizon and before I check out to enjoy my weekend, it's time for my Five on Friday!

As always I'm linking up with April at Smidge of This - if you're looking for another great blog to follow, check her out!

One
LipSense - Have y'all heard of LipSense? It's smear proof, smudge proof, run proof...lipstick! I've been curious about it for some time now but I wanted to give it a try before I purchased it; it's a bit pricey, but I've decided it is worth it! Two weeks ago I gave LipSense a test run and was thoroughly impressed! I applied LipSense at about 10:00 on Saturday morning at an Arts & Crafts Festival...it was very, very warm out...and the LipSense stayed on through a long, warm day perusing arts and crafts tents, guzzling bottles of water, eating Mexican food (chips and salsa), shopping at IKEA and y'all...when I prepared to go out that night...I still didn't need to reapply or update my color!

What's more - after lunch (and dinner) I wiped my mouth...as you do...and the color NEVER budged. I'm sold and my first color is coming my way soon! I can't wait! Oh yea - April...of Smidge of This; she sells LipSense! 


Two
Disney Countdown - In case you were wondering...the Disney Vacation Spectacular of January 2018 is only 203 days away! One of the most important days of the vacation planning is rapidly approaching though; July 10th is the day to begin making reservations! Be Our Guest - here we come!


Three
Watson - I know; Watson has his very own day on the blog, but he has fallen in love with the deck and spends so much time relaxing, lounging and worshiping the sun. I have snapped loads of pictures of him on the deck and so I had to share two of the many here. Because seriously - he's adorable! 


Four
Weekend Plans - Believe it or not; I do not have a single weekend plan! I love having plans and I love having the weekend wide open in front of me and filled with possibilities. As always; I'm looking forward to my Saturday morning sipping my coffee and doing nothing - drinking coffee in the morning is probably one of my favorite parts of the day - every day - but especially on Saturday! I'm sure I'll find plenty to do and even if I don't..it's the weekend, what's not to love?


Five
The Nationals - Well. *sigh* It has been a week to be a Nationals fan...and sadly, I don't mean that in a good way. It's been tossed around here and there and mentioned from time to time - but the sad truth is that the bullpen is a nightmare and this week that was painfully obvious! The five games played this week yielded two wins and three losses, so I suppose it could have been worse. The Nationals are in New York for the weekend to play a four game series against the New York Mets (ew) and the first game was a win for the Nationals, so here's hoping we are on the upswing! 


That's all I've got for this Friday - have a lovely weekend and show your Dad some love on Sunday!







No comments:

Post a Comment