Monday, November 22, 2010

I GOT A JOB!

Yep, in what has to be the strangest & yet also most awesome ten minutes of my life (thus far) - I got a job! So now for the story....

I was baby sitting Hayden & Ashlan this afternoon & actually had my phone on silent because I was busy cuddling a sleepy & slightly upset Ashlan. I just happened to look down & see that my phone was ringing, so I picked it up...even though I had no clue who the number was. I talked to Gayle (who I know from church) & she asked if I would like to come in tomorrow for an interview at 8. I said yes & thought that was the end of it. I remembered that I hadn't gotten the address & so I tried to call back about 3 times & all I got was a busy signal. I don't know how I thought I'd get there tomorrow without the address but I thought "oh well". I went to the bathroom & when I came out, I noticed that my phone was ringing again. It was still on silent, so there is yet another mirace in that I actually saw it ringing.

This time Dr. Ahmad himself was calling me. He asked me what types of jobs I'd had before, what I majored in at Southern & if I wanted a job. When I told him yes, he asked if I could start tomorrow! I'm pretty sure that I was about to have a break down right then & there, but I maintained my composure long enough to find out what time to be there, what I needed to bring with me, how much I'd be making & say a decent thank you & good bye. Once I hung up, I totally lost it...thankfully Hayden & Ashlan were engrossed in watching "The Penguins of Madagascar" & didn't notice me having my moment. They probably would have thought I'd completely lost my mind.

So, there is the whole story. I actually have no clue what the name of the clinic is. I was in a total state of shock & bewilderment during the whole conversation. It's another miracle that I got the address because I was so blown away by what was happening. I'll try to figure out the particulars tomorrow when I start my new job! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment