Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Car Shows, Quartz & Crazy Worship!

It was a full weekend y'all - there was a lot going on! I've already shared pictures from the final walkthrough of our house; which went really well and took place on Friday. It didn't take the entire day, but once it was done - we poked around Lowe's & Target, had some BBQ for dinner & watched Dune 2 (we previously watched Dune). All I can say about Dune & Dune 2 is that man... I like Sci-Fi, but it feels like it's on another level. 


Saturday was also a fairly full day; I'm telling you , we stayed busy! I feel like the theme of August is "we gonna be happy, but we gonna be busy"... whoosh! Ryan's employers sponsored a car show & so we sold raffle tickets, handed out free donuts & muffins, & just generally were polite & kind to all the people at the event! It was a warm day, but not too terrible - thankfully there was a breeze! 

We spent Saturday afternoon do all sorts of things: relaxing, reading, packing up even more things & Ryan even cooked some incredible ribs for dinner! They were divine & I got to be the sauce master & coat the ribs in the Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce, which was all a part of making them so tasty & tender! 



Sunday - traditionally a day of rest - was the busiest day of the week. We had tickets to Brandon Lake & Phil Wickham's Summer Worship Nights in DC, so we just headed to DC for the day! We started our day at Cornerstone Church in Leesburg for the second service and then made our way to Reston for Brunch at Founding Farmers! It was as delicious as I remembered; always an enjoyable meal! 



We made our way into DC; the weather was really lovely on Sunday, sunny & breezy - which made it nice to be out & about as opposed to stifling heat. Ryan & I even bailed out of the car along the way to walk to the Museum of American History & then we did some exploring within the museum! It's been a little while (probably 5-6 years) since I've been in the Museum of American History; some things are just the same & some things are very different! 





Ryan hopped up to the podium in the American Presidency section of the museum & I'll be honest; he'd have my vote! He's a much better option than the options we've been given. *sigh* And that's all the politics I'll get into here on my little corner of the internet... We enjoyed seeing the pieces in the culture section of the museum, taking in the American flag flown over Fort McHenry & pretending to ride the bus in the travel section of the museum, ha-ha! 





Our final stop before we headed to the concert for the evening was the Museum of Natural History and I was thoroughly engrossed in the section on gems & rocks! When I was a kiddo, I'd have absolutely bought a bag of rocks at every tourist attraction we went to; I loved rocks. And my adult self still thinks they are pretty fascinating! I think in another life I'd have been a geologist & spent my days poking around with rocks, ha-ha! And yes - the kid in me still gets a thrill running my hand through the bin of rocks for sale in the gift shop! 




We ended up moving our car from one garage to another & then popping into Shake Shack to grab a quick dinner before making our way down the block to Capital One Arena. The one sadness (I'm kidding Mum, it wasn't that big a deal) of the evening was that somehow we weren't given wristbands that lit up in time with the concert - which was rude on the part of whoever took our tickets; I don't remember who that was. But Boo to them! 



The concert was absolutely amazing - it's wild & awe-inspiring to witness 12,000+ people worshipping together; that's a pretty wonderful thing to experience. Ryan & I have seen Brandon Lake before but this was the first time seeing Phil Wickham & I have to say - they put on an incredible show together! Please enjoy all the pictures that I took - I don't have much to say beyond reiterating how fabulous it is to be a part of a concert that's main focus is to worship; it's truly a life-changing experience. 










 Alas - the epic concert didn't end until after 10 PM & once we finally got out of the parking lot, it was almost 11 PM! So needless to say, we didn't get home until after midnight & when the alarm went off on Monday morning... it was a little rough! The lovely weekend was worth it though! Get back to me after this next weekend when the whole weekend is spent moving into our new house - again; it will be wonderful but probably pretty tiring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment