Wednesday, May 29, 2024

The Three Day Weekend - Baseball & Memorial Day

Welcome back! I'm here to share the rest of our three-day weekend! After touring King Tut's tomb, we headed over to Yards Park to get some lunch at Due South... which ended up being Brunch instead of lunch, but it was still pretty delicious! I had the Chicken & Waffles with Tabasco Butter and Ryan had the Breakfast Burger - and of course, we couldn't miss the chance to stop into Ice Cream Jubilee and grab some ice cream before the game! 




After getting our car parked for the third time in less than four hours (got to love the big city), we made our way to Nationals Park, where we ended up waiting in line to get in because apparently they now open the gates 80 minutes before the game, not two hours! We got our Lane Thomas bobbleheads and perused the Team Store... as you do... I ended up getting a City Connect visor and I was so glad to have it throughout the game!





It was so awesome to be at the ballpark again - a place that I spent so much time pre-COVID. After COVID, I was engaged and then newly married and life was busy! And that's not to say that life isn't still busy but we finally found time to get to a Nationals game and man - I remember how much I love going to games! It was so great to stroll the stadium and I even got a divine Cherry Blossom Cocktail that matched the cherry blossoms on my hat! 





I have to admit - I don't really know the guys on my team very well anymore. Gone are the days of Scherzer and Strasburg and Zimmerman and now are the days of Finnigan and Thomas and Abrams... and I have to say that while last year, we weren't the best (to say the least), after watching this team this season - we have a chippy bunch of guys. I've never wavered in my love of the Nationals, but I do love to see a chippy bunch of guys out there giving it their all! 



The game was great - Abe won the President's Race, Ryan and I shared a delicious tater tot, mac & cheese & pulled BBQ chicken bowl thing from See You Tater, we had really nice seatmates and best of all - the Nationals beat the Mariners 3-1! I hope we will be able to go to another game again this season and for years to come! 



After a long drive home, our Saturday - that started at 8:30 with our drive into DC - ended with us crashing into bed shortly before 10! It was a long and full day, but such a good day too! Sunday after church, we helped serve hot dogs, chips and drinks to everyone between services - a way to provide food and outreach to people at church! It was a nice way to get to see so many people and serve those that attend our church! 



The greatest thing about Sunday night was that we knew we could sleep in on Monday morning - and we did just that! After a leisurely Monday morning, we drove over to John Handley High School to see their Flags of Honor display - which was beautiful and poignant! We enjoyed walking around the school and taking in the display from all the angles; it was so nice to just sit, take in what Memorial Day is about and be still - and thankful. 






Since the weather was fairly nice - and the rain they'd forecasted wasn't showing up - we made our way to the Third Battle of Winchester and did 2.5 miles on the trail that is part of the property. We made our way through wooded areas, fields and down to the stream before backtracking to our car. It was really nice to get outside and enjoy some beautiful outdoors. 




 The three day weekend was so nice - and we closed it out grilling with family - and of course, getting to bed early, ha-ha! Now, when is the next three day weekend on the calendar?

No comments:

Post a Comment