Monday, May 20, 2024

Low Key Weekend

It was a very chill weekend - both literally and figuratively. The weather on Friday took a dip, clouds rolled in and it rained or was cloudy and chilly for most of the weekend. I stayed home from work on Friday battling a head cold that had been creeping in all week long and finally took me out on Friday! Thankfully with medicine and some extra rest, I am feeling much better now! 


Saturday was the neighborhood yard sale - and while the gloomy weather didn't make for the best circumstances, we still did a pretty good bit of business and when all was said and done, we made $68! Not too shabby for not having to put in hardly any work! Our friends came over to grill on Saturday night and we had a wonderful time with them; but by the time the evening was drawing to a close, I was exhausted! Hosting + Cold = a very sleepy lady by around 8:30, ha-ha!

Sunday after church we ran some errands and one of those was shopping for a King-size mattress because we are getting a king-size bed! Mattress shopping is such an odd thing though; I felt very weird flopping around on all the beds, ha-ha! Especially because I had a voice that indicated I'd been sick - so I'm sure they were thrilled to have me rolling around on the mattresses... but we found a winner and can't wait to have it in our home! 



The sun finally came out around 3:30 on Sunday afternoon and so while Ryan washed his car, I sat in my swinging lounge chair and read in the sunshine. It was a lovely Spring afternoon! We closed out our weekend with some dinner, I took a nice bubble bath and we started a show about Moses on Netflix before face timing Ryan's mom. It was a very low-key weekend - and very needed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment