Monday, September 25, 2023

The Final Weekend of September...

Can you believe that this past weekend was the final full weekend of September? It was both a busy weekend - and then a very lazy weekend! It also rained all weekend long - whoosh! Thanks for that Tropical Storm Ophelia! 

Friday evening as soon as work was done, I headed home to change clothes, scarf down a sandwich and then headed to church for the annual women's conference! The theme this year was "All Together" and when I arrived, I was greeted with lemonade and a candy bar to help myself to some after dinner treats! We spent time worshipping and listening to a sermon from one of our speakers, named Kelli - she was great! 

 

 

When the evening's festivities were completed, there was a smore's bar and Crumbl cookies for everyone as they headed out the door! I was really glad to get home and pretty quickly crawl into bed; Friday was a long day ya'll! Saturday morning I was up early to get ready for day two of the conference and my sweet hubby got me some coffee from Dunkin before I headed out for the day! 



 

I snapped pictures with my Mom and friends and I even met new friends! I was so blessed when - during the Friday night service we were told to get in groups of 2-3 and answer a break out question - with the idea being to talk with someone you didn't know. I am usually terrible at things like this, but as I started talking to the girl near me, she realized she knew my Mom and she told me that she'd been praying for me! What are the odds that out of 300+ women, I'd be sitting by her? That's a God wink! 



There was a fancy coffee bar on Saturday morning - my church knows what ladies love - and everyone was gifted a cute little compact as they entered the sanctuary! The worship music was excellent again and the speaker(s) on Saturday... well let's just say they brought the word! It seemed like the morning passed so quickly... 


The conference ended around 1:00 - everything about the conference was excellent and I'm always so thrilled to have been able to experience such a wonderful weekend with ladies in Christ! I have to confess that once I got home, I ended up eating a late lunch and then took sinus headache pills, before falling asleep on the couch for almost TWO hours! 

Thankfully Ryan also napped and when we woke up, he tuned in to the Colorado/Oregon game (woof) while I went on a quick Wal-Mart run! I whipped up an amazing Potato and Ham Soup for dinner, we all ate and watched Mississippi State play their game, which also didn't end well. It wasn't a great football day for the Lapp household... although Penn State did win! 


Sunday after church, we headed to our favorite Mexican restaurant and I had my favorite meal - the Enchilada Trio! It's so delicious! Ryan and I popped into a couple thrift stores and then we popped into our local Puppy City and guys - this isn't a new pet announcement - this is mostly just me showing you a puppy that looks so much like my boy Watson! I haven't thought much about getting another dog, but this little lady pup just broke my heart open - she was so much like my boy W - and now I'm confident that when the time comes, I'll want to look for another Russell! 


We ended our afternoon errands with a stop at Ollie's where we found an awesome multi-use oven from Oster and then we grabbed a few things at Costco! We spent the afternoon getting ready for the week ahead, watched some NFL games and my hubby cooked a ton of pork belly and made beef jerky in our new Oster oven! I leave you with a snap of my Yoda Chia Pet on my desk this morning - he's really growing like crazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment