Friday, September 29, 2023

Friday Favorites - Adios September

It's the weekend again - this week seems like it passed so quickly! The week was a fairly routine week and I know I've said it so many times before, but goodness time passes so quickly! Especially when you're just living life... going to different activities... just living life according to a routine! 


Week Things - Like I said, life has just been rolling right along! Monday night was our football and soup night (at least, that's what I tell myself, ha-ha). I just think nothing screams Autumn more than a chill in the air, a warm bowl of soup (or stew, or chili) on your lap and a football game on the TV! Tuesday evening Ryan's office hosted a Chamber of Commerce event and I was able to attend and support him and his office!

Wednesday after work, I headed straight to the home of one of the sweet ladies in my church group for our twice monthly Bible study! Our host cooked authentic Indian food: chicken curry, chickpeas and some divine bread (I don't think it was naan). The meeting was a wonderful time and on Thursday evening, I worked to get some exercise in and relax as the weekend approached!

Autumn Dresses - I'll preface this by saying I don't technically have one of these... but I've been told I might get it for my birthday, ha-ha! It's the burgundy dress on the left and I've had my eye on it for a little while... I actually have the same dress in a lovely hunter green and I wore it for my bachelorette party! It was flattering, comfortable and so cute - so I can't wait to have another awesome color!


The other dress is made by Terra & Sky and I spied this on my friend Nicole's Instagram stories! She was wearing an adorable tan version - but once I saw the black plaid, I knew it would be perfect for me! It will be great as the weather gets cooler and then once winter is in full force, it will look great with tights and boots! I can't wait to put both of these awesome dresses into my Autumn/Winter wardrobe!

To Be Read List - I just finished A Discovery of Witches and Counting the Cost, I'm in the midst of The Stranger Upstairs and if you've ever read my blog at all, you know I've got plenty of books on my to be read list... I love having Book of the Month and because October is my birth month, I got an add-on book for free as a happy birthday to me! 


I chose Starling House as my book of the month and added on The Unmaking of June Farrow - both seem like they will have a bit of a supernatural/fantastical/mysterious element and I love books like that! I can't wait to read those books and hope to also read Shadow of Night and The Book of Life (the second and third books that follow A Discovery of Witches) and I've also heard good things about the A Court of Thorn & Roses series. As you can see - I have plenty of things to read!

Thrift Store Finds - I did a little bit of thrifting with one of my dear friends this week and for $12, I think I found some quality items! I found the cutest little mountain shelf for $3 and it will be perfect in my office - it's very travel themed and so I can't wait to get it up and on display. It will definitely add a more unique feature to my walls!


I also found a weekly planner/white board bulletin board and it was only $8! These things retail for $25-$45 depending on how fancy you want one to be, but this one is essentially in perfect condition! I would love to sand and paint the border, but otherwise it's ready to be hung on the wall and put to good use! Loving my finds and can't wait to see them in action!

Weekend Plans - There is a Girls Nite and Autumn Market in Ryan and I's former hometown of Woodstock tonight; at a spot that I love, The Buttercup! They will have bites to eat by Flour & Water and of course, The Buttercup will have their awesome clothes to peruse and pick from - and they will also have vendors on the sidewalk to look over and enjoy! Otherwise, our Friday will be pretty low-key.


I am very much looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday and doing some planning for the future with the hubby. Later in the day, we are going to see The Blind at the movies and grabbing some dinner out for a nice date night... and Sunday will be October 1st - can you believe it? I'm not sure what we'll get up to on Sunday, but either way it looks to be a relaxing weekend and I can't wait. 

************************************************

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, that your September ends peacefully and your October begins joyfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment