Monday, September 11, 2023

Flowers & Fall in the Air!

I cannot believe that the second weekend in September has already come and gone - time absolutely flies y'all! 

Friday was such a nice, chill evening! Ryan and I made homemade pizza for dinner and sat outside, where the weather was finally much cooler after a week of temperatures in the upper 90's! Which I think is downright rude for early September... but no one asked me, ha-ha! We ended up just watching some TV and being bums; which I think is always well deserved after a long work week!


Saturday - oh man - I don't know if it was the change in the weather or what, but my sinuses have been going nuts for the last week or so and Saturday, I slept until 9 AM (I cannot remember the last time that happened) and woke up with a splitting headache! I took some medicine and took it easy while Ryan was out meeting with a friend... but the medicine didn't do much and once he returned, I still felt like crumbs! 

My aching head and crummy feelings led my sweet husband to tell me that we were having a chill day - and so he headed out to run errands, while I was told to "RELAX" and not do anything beyond chilling and feeling better. When he returned a little later in the day, he brought me gorgeous flowers and made me one of my favorite meals he cooks: Chicken Alfredo! He even made amazing Romaine Heart salads and garlic bread - it was all so good! 

 


We relaxed, finished up the first season of Only Murders in the Building and just really had a very relaxed Saturday evening - it was incredible! Sunday morning dawned gray and rainy (rain for the fourth day in a row - hallelujah) and our church shifted to three services, so Ryan headed out before 8 AM and I followed along shortly after 9 AM! We were done with church shortly before 11 and wanted to get outdoors some before more rain rolled into the area - so we headed through Front Royal....

 


 

Because we weren't sure what the weather was going to do - I'd found a hike that was about a mile roundtrip - it was located at Shenandoah River State Park, so that's where we headed! The Overlook Trail set out from the really lovely Visitor's Center in the park and wound along the ridgeline to the Overlook platform where you could see lovely views of the Shenandoah River winding through the valley! It was a great trail - perfect for the somewhat weird weather - and it had really lovely views!

We poked around the Visitor's Center after our hike and then checked out the river and the campsites offered at the park, before finding one more short hike called the Cabin Connector, that meandered through the forest... where the trees are starting to show some Autumn colors... although that may have more to do with the lack of rain and the heatwave! The state park was the perfect spot to spend the afternoon and we'd love to pop back over and go camping for a weekend - it would be a great place to spend a weekend! 


We closed out our weekend with - what else - but NFL football? Tis' the season, after all - so we had pizza and wings, watched football and just enjoyed closing out the weekend. It was a great weekend, even though it passed way too quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment