Friday, September 15, 2023

Lately

Well - it's Friday and this little posting about life lately is actually spanning about two weeks - but that's okay, right? I hope everyone is so happy we've made it to Friday again, I certainly am!



Wearing: All the headbands! I love a good headband and my hair is getting longer again, so I have been digging deep into my assortment to find a good headband to throw on top of my head. I just feel like even when you're having a bad hair day - you can toss some dry shampoo in your hair, throw it up in a bun and put a headband on it to class it up a little bit... My personal favorites are on Amazon!

Eating: Aren't those the prettiest cupcakes? I have been eating lots of delicious things lately, but I guess the only things I felt like photographing were these two things, ha-ha! The cupcakes were brought to the house by my Mom and they were almost too pretty to eat - but then again, that never stops me!


The real star here is the beautiful dinner my precious husband made for me last weekend! I was having an under the weather Saturday and he pampered me completely - including making one of my favorite dishes he cooks: Chicken Alfredo! He made an amazing Romaine salad, Chicken Alfredo and yummy toasted Garlic Bread! I'm a very lucky lady! 

Drinking: Bubble Tea! I was downright delighted to discover Joyba Bubble Tea at Costco earlier this month and I just recently finished my final glass - so sad! I had Bubble Tea for the first time while visiting my sister in the UK earlier this month and I've been searching for the delicious fruit teas with the popping bobba for months now...


I found the combo package of Mango Passion Fruit and Strawberry Dragon Fruit at Costco - I'd love to try the Cherry Hibiscus and Strawberry Lemonade Green Tea sometime - I'm sure they're just as delicious! I also got the chance to try a Starbucks Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Latter - and it was divine! It's my new Autumn drink of choice, y'all can have all that Pumpkin Spice mess...  

Sale: I recently was able to take advantage of a Noonday sale and I am so excited with the pieces I got! In case you aren't familiar with Noonday, the company takes people in underprivileged countries (usually women) and gives them a trade that will provide them with employment and a good way to provide for their families. They make beautiful items - including jewelry, bags, shoes, clothing and more... 



I had a party a while back but didn't get too much traction - so my lovely friend and consultant left the party open. Well, Noonday just had a sale and I was able to snag a gorgeous citrus shawl and two sets of earrings for right around $60! I can't wait to wear these awesome items! Check it out! 

Watching: It seems like for the longest time I haven't been watching much on TV but that has finally changed! My husband and I started watching Only Murders in the Building and Vikings Valhalla recently and I'm really enjoying both! And while MAX has some AMC shows for the "spooky" season, I started watching A Discovery of Witches! All the shows to watch! 

Wanting: All the rain! We have needed rain so badly and finally... finally... last Wednesday night, a storm blew up and the heavens opened up and rain poured down! The rain only lasted about 45 minutes and we definitely still needed more, but it was definitely a good start!


I joke that Ryan and I haven't seen rain in so long that we were mesmerized just sitting out on the porch watching it rain - but it's also really nice to just sit and watch the rain. *sigh* Happily, it rained again on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday - so we aren't quite as dried out as we once were! 

Local: Don't you know, soon the season will be upon us where I have so many local things to share with you but for this post... I've only got one thing, but it's such a wonderful thing! Our home church is having it's women's conference next weekend and I am so looking forward to it! This will be my fifth year attending conference and it's always such a spirit-filled experience! 


There are still tickets available and the speaker line-up is incredible! If you'd like to attend and be poured into, then check out the church website and come join us for a wonderful weekend! 

Traveling: No major travel plans on the horizon right now, we are pretty close to home for the next few months! There is a trip potentially on the books for 2024 but I'll share more about that once we actually get a little closer to 2024 - suffice it to say, it will be extraordinary! 

Quoting: "And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves...." - Virginia Woolf

**********************************************************

Everyone have a wonderful weekend - I certainly plan to enjoy my weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment