Monday, August 7, 2023

I'm Still Here!

It's a Monday and I know - I haven't blogged in forever! I feel like I say this each time I end up on an extended blogging "break" - but things have been a little bit hectic. Work especially has been almost non-stop, life outside of work has seemed so busy and I am praying that as the last five months of the year (how is it August) unfurl - things will be calmer.  


Granted - I can't help but think that since I just said that - anyone else believe in jinxing yourself? Oh well, moving along. The husband and I have been taking walks in the evenings and he snapped the gorgeous pictures of the hibiscus (I think that's what they are) on our walks. His phone camera is far superior to mine and the pictures turned out stunning! 

This last weekend was both long and short - because we spent a huge chunk of the weekend at our house, doing final prep for selling. And final prep here translates to painting the entire house. *sigh* We discovered a week ago that the cans of paint that were left behind with the house didn't actually match any of the paint on the walls and so we were left with spackled walls... that needed paint. We went with Swiss Coffee for the living/bathroom and Colonnade Gray for the kitchen/bedrooms. 


We spent a chunk of our Friday afternoon and evening painting the living room and then on Saturday morning, we started it all again. It made for a long day but when 6 PM rolled around, the house was completely painted! *praise hands* We were all tired and paint-splattered, so we headed to Los Potrillos and had Mexican to celebrate being done with all the painting! Ryan and I ended up asleep before 9:30, ha-ha! I'm so glad we were able to get it done and I'm equally glad that my parents were willing to help - we would have been painting even longer if it was just the two of us! 


The final step to get the house ready to sell was to refresh the front flower beds and mow the backyard - Ryan and I headed over after church on Sunday and I helped as best I could with de-weeding the beds and spreading out new mulch. We finished the house up and we were able to pop by Sheetz and grab lunch before settling ourselves poolside for the afternoon to relax some! We soaked up some sun - but we didn't get to stay quite as long as we'd have liked, since rain rolled in around 3:15!


My hubby decided to cook up some ribs for lunch on Sunday night and he absolutely killed it! He asked me to make the dry rub and the sauce, so I created some mixtures and he coated the ribs in the mixtures, cooked them up and they were divine! That man knows how to cook some good food! The weekend feels like it passed in a blur when looking back - but man, the hours spent painting didn't seem like they passed quickly! 


And now here we are - about to put out first house on the market. Our first home was good to us and we made some wonderful memories in our little townhome! We are praying all would go well and the house would sell quickly. We are excited for what the future holds and for our lives as we move forward from here - we can't wait to see where the Lord take us.


And just because I think it's wildly true and we could all use a laugh on a Monday morning...


I hope y'all have a good week! I hope I have a good week too, ha-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment